Education without borders, step 5
Start date: Jun 1, 2014,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project ”Education without Borders, step 5” is an important part of SOSU C's international strategy and is a development of international experiences and projects up till now. This project consists of several networks and cooperative partners regarding international development and exchange of mobility crossing borders.
SOSU C works determined and consciously with, in our strategic- developmental- and actionplans to raise quality and quantity in internationalization and here possible mobilities for our groups of students.
We are aiming at preventing drop-outs and increase completion in educations and work, among other things to increase image in vocational education.
The overall purpose with the project is to be able to sent students from the Basic Social- and Health Care colleges abroad during their vocational training to relevant institutions for five weeks as an integrated part of their education.
The internships will take place in nursing homes or child care institutions.
Our goal is to engage 5% pro anno of our students in internships abroad within a time frame of four years, we are therefore applying for 94 mobilities for students in vocational education.
The methods SOSU C has chosen are a division of the mobility process before, during and after:
We emphasize that:
- students are selected in cooperation with more parties
- students prepare throughly on their stay professionally, culturally, language and personally
- While students are abroad there is a close contact between students, project manager and employer
- We do through evaluation
It is important for SOSU C to have an international profile for many reasons:
- Increase, strenghten and improve mobility abroad
- To strengthen the students’ learning outcome
- To stimulate and strengthen the students access to further and ongoing education, work and European curiousity
- To stimulate, qualifiy and stabilize the cooperation with the work force
- As an ongoing process for the individual and for the overall purpose - to qualify the internships for both Danish as well as foreign students
- To strengthen the image of Basic Social- and Health Care Educations in Denmark and EU
- To work with talents in Basic Social and Health Care Educations
The project did not fullfil its objectives regarding number of participants send on an international work placement. This is mainly because the employers of the students have concerns regarding Insurance coverage, while the students are working abroad. To be precise, that the student is not covered if she or he damage or hurt a patient of material things while at Work. This is a issue concerning the partner employers of SOSU C.
This meant, that when we were halfways in the project, hardly could send any more students away for the mobility experience.
We tried to "sell" the mobilities to our national partners within Health care colleges, but they, too had enough of own grants.
However, we made a contract with Aarhus Health care college, so they could send students on a work placement in the name of this project. They have send 19 students in a international mobility this spring through this project.
SOSU C itself have "converted" some students mobilities to teachers mobilities and have had 11 employees on a five days trip in UK and Germany
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation