EDS v Quo Vadis
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Jul 31, 2016
NGO Priatelia Quo Vadis is in charge of running comunity center "Dom Quo Vadis". There are plenty of volunteers involved, so we decided to enhance the comunity by involving EVS volunteers from Germany and Romania. We believe, that comunity will benefit from their service; either from their works, or from them being positive example of volunteer, or from the intercultural "wind" theirpresence will bring.
Goals of this project are:
- reflect and develop management skills of organisation and its volunteers
- to provide possobolity for personal and professional growth to the volunteers.
- offer the possibility to learn foreign languages and develope creative skill to young eople in Bratislava
- prostredníctvom dobrovoľníckej práce EDS dobrovoľníčok dať možnosť mladým ľuďom v Bratislave
- grinding edges and learning to be tolerant and adaptable (in the meaning of intercultural dimension of project) among EVS volunteer, volunteer comunity of Quo Vadis and visitors of our center.
Volunteers will be helping to organise events held in the center, working in volunteer cafetearia, help with german and english lessons in school, organise german and english conversation in the center, working on promotion of our center, preparing decorations for the center, lead creative and art workshops and much more during his EVS.
The project will have impact on the organisation itself (gaining new competencies and experiences with hosting EVS and working with young people, being more visible for public), volunteer comunity in the organisation (intercultural dialog, possibility to learn spanish), visitors of our center (working on tolerance and inhibiting predjudices, possibility to learn foreign languages and to have intercultural experience without leaving Slovakia) and on the volunteers, who will gain new skills and competencies .
The long term benefit for the volunteer will be the competencies gained through the service, that will help him to find job after the service.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation