Ecological Voluntary Service
Start date: Jan 5, 2015,
End date: Jul 4, 2016
ECOLOGICAL VOLUNTARY SERVICE (EVS) is an Erasmus+ Project, Key Action 1, EVS youth mobility and is proposed in the circumstances of an ecological and entrepreneurial education program that ANTER is developing in the interest of youth by using a specific methodology for non-formal and experiential learning. The project is developed primarily to meet the needs of developing transversal entrepreneurial / employability competences of young people that are facing economic obstacles.
THE GOAL: to offer the volunteers the opportunity of developing needed acquaintances/abilities/skills to increase employability and active participation in social and civic life
- development of knowledge / skills / attitudes with transversal character in an intercultural learning environment for 9 young people from ES, TR and PL, participants in the EVS mobility for 10 months in Craiova / RO
- development of an intergenerational non-formal and experiential learning program, with ecological theme for 150 people from Craiova: children, youngsters, parents, grandparents (lasting 10 months)
ACTIVITIES of the projects – structured in 4 big categories:
1. Support services for promoting the E+ learning mobility’s: preparation/organization of public events for promoting the E+ mobility’s in Craiova/RO
2. Support services for the candidature of the Municipality of Craiova for the position of European Cultural Capital 2021: organizational support offered by 3 Ngo’s (Red Cross – Dolj subsidiary; Explorator Association; Asociatia Nationala de Dezvoltare Continua a Tineretului din Romania) which are local partners in the project and which offer support to the City Hall of Craiova.
3. Support services “Junior Voluntary Service”: preparation/organization of activities and public events for ecological education for children
4. Support services “Intergenerational Voluntary Service”: preparation/organization of sport/outdoor activities and intergenerational public events with ecological and intercultural character.
The volunteers will work in 3 mixed teams, and in the last 2 months of the stage will be supported to carry out and local initiative, additional to their tasks (individual or in teams).
The methodology used will be non-formal and experiential, varied according to the type of activity: living library, flash-mob, creative writing, e-scape, lateral-thinking, mind-map, theatre, drawing, theatre’s plays, dance, photo quiz with animals/birds, karaoke, team-building solutions, non-formal casino, cycling, treasure hunts with “eco” subject, hygiene of green spaces and planting seedlings, manufacture / assembly of small houses and feeding receptacles for birds, landscaping for picnic.
The main results will be the learning ones. The material results mainly refers to materials with wide visibility that will serve as support for the partner organizations, and "fingerprint" left in the hosting community (spaces for picnic, marked bicycle routes, et.). We anticipate that on medium and long term the impact of the project will be an especially relevant both for the communities involved and for the partner organizations, but also for EVS volunteers and the direct beneficiaries of the project’s activities from Craiova/RO.
- increased employment capacity
- better information on E+ opportunities and higher motivation to capitalize the learning opportunities of “Life-long learning" type
- more responsible people for nature
- family ties restored / strengthened (effect of intergenerational activities)
- organizations with an improved capacity for working and for absorption of non-formal methodological solutions for the children, youth and adults
- Fundacja Mobilni Polacy (PL)
- International Sustainable Development Association (TR)
- Asociación para la Innovación en la Dinamización Comunitaria y el Turismo (ES)
The EVS group stage of the project (the mobility) will take place between 15 of May 2015 – 14 March 2016, each SO will send in Craiova/RO 3 volunteers.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation