DU PAYS BLANC AU PLAT PAYS 2015
Start date: Jul 1, 2014,
End date: Jun 30, 2015
Our project Erasmus+, "From the white country to the flat one 2015" aims to send 28 students in vocational bachelor degree “Services to individuals and territories” in Belgium. These young people will have 17 to 21 years at the time of the internship. They need to be enlightened on the European Union and their European citizenship, discover a member state and its culture, and compare their professional practices. This project will also encourage them to be mobile, aware of their skills and break down prejudices they may have on Belgium.
For 2 years, we enrolled in projects that bring an European professional opening to respond to our students needs of developping stengthening their professional skills and their knowledge of service facilities of our territory. Through strong partnerships with our Belgian counterparts: the Bellevue High School of Dinant and training structures, we offer to our students four complete weeks of training in various establishments in Dinant and Brussels. The different steps of our project: contacts with Belgians, information and preparation of participants, organization of visits and assessment and dissemination, are managed by a team with the help of external stakeholders and our Belgian partners.
Goals for this project were defined for participants, for our establishment and its teachers:
- To develop technical skills to help fragile people
- To gain autonomy within another territory in Europe and ability to accomodate
- To facilitate mobility
- To develop cultural awareness
- To step back and think critically Enhance their personal and professional experiences
- To develop an enriched training where the opening and European mobility an integral part of the training
- To develop the European image of the school and allow us to distinguish ourselves from local partners
- To create a dynamism around the European axis and develop cultural and professional awareness for teachers in order to change the teaching methods.
At the end of the project, we will evaluate our impacts and see if they achieved our goals. We believe that students will be encouraged to continue their study; that their careers will be enhanced and they will return more open and aware of their European citizenship. We also believe that this project will allow them to analyse their professional practices and be more independent and confident. For the establishment and the team, this project will strengthen existing partnerships in Belgium and make visible the opening and actions performed by the high school. Teachers will have deepened their understanding of professionals’ needs and develop educational content of their courses, particularly in the professional classes.
In the long term, this project must result in making our students more attractive in the labour market and enable our institution to participate in other projects of cooperation in Europe.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation