Dobrze praktykować by dobrze pracować
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The „Dobrze praktykować by dobrze pracować” (“Practice well to work well”) project is an extension of the standard education at vocational level of students at a high ZSTiO No. 1 School in Chorzow. The project assumes the implementation of foreign internship for 70 students who are learning at directions of information technology, organization of advertisement, locksmith and electrician.
The project involves the implementation of all the targets set mainly for the beneficiaries of the project and the sending institution. The key objectives of the project include:
• Improving professional skills and language of beneficiaries
• Supporting the sustainable development of the students’ career by supplementing theoretical knowledge and practical experience
• Personal and cultural development of beneficiaries
• Better preparation of beneficiaries for final school exams
• Development of practical skills that students need in the profession of an IT technician, organization of advertisement technician, locksmith and electrician
• Improving knowledge and experience of the ZSTiO No. 1 School in the field of acquisition and conducting of projects financed from the EU funds
• Establishing long-term relationships between educational institutions of the European Union allowing for a constant exchange of knowledge and experience
• Dissemination of experience collected in the time of the project realization, in the fields: the organization of cooperation with scientific institutions of the EU, raising funds from the EU, the organization and conducting of projects.
The main arguments which speak for the project are:
• the possibility of extending the curriculum through practical implementation of additional, more advanced and beyond the school curriculum material, which will be proven by an international certificate
• improving skills in foreign languages (English and German) at their work and in everyday life
• familiarize beneficiaries with the conditions and methods of work in other EU countries.
The project involves the implementation of the project according to the schedule divided into the following steps:
• Stage 1 - Initiation of the project - initiation and formal launching of the project
• Stage 2 - Project organization - the definition of the rules and regulations of the project, the project team selection, recruitment and selection of candidates, signing agreements with project participants
• Step 3 - Preparation - linguistic, educational, professional, cultural and organizational
• Step 4 - Professional experience - Implementation of professional internship of selected beneficiaries at the training centre in Germany
• Step 5 - Dissemination and completion of the project - Evaluation and dissemination of project results. The financial settlement, transfer of documentation and completion of the project
The project will use the following teaching methods:
• Preparation for internship - will be used the expository methods (informative lecture, talk, explanation) and activation methods (situational role plays, solving the problems)
• Internship - will be used only practical methods (demonstration, exercises, laboratory exercises, productive exercises, simulation).
In the project there will be used The European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training, ECVET. Project beneficiaries will receive a Europass certificate and a ECVET document. They will also create their own Europass CV and Europass Language Passport.
Main results of the project are:
• realization of linguistic, cultural, professional and educational preparation for 70 students
• obtaining the Europass certificate by 70 students
• raising the level of knowledge and competence of beneficiaries
• evolution/increase of intercultural competence, openness, acceptance, tolerance
• a positive impact on personal, cognitive and social competences of the beneficiaries
• a set of project products - "Day of a professional practice” event, leaflets, information CD , etc.
The project involves not only the impact on beneficiaries and other project participants, but also on future high school students, parents, environment of teachers, the local community and sector impact.
The long-term benefits of the project include not only the beneficiaries (increased mobility, adapting to compete in a global social market economy), but also the expected benefits are:
• Promoting the equality between men and women
• Promoting the cooperation between countries
ZSTiO No. 1:
• A positive image of a school as the unit attractive for prospective students and a modern school that is efficiently managed, is able to plan, raise funds and carry out a project that goes beyond the standard curriculum
• Promotion of international certificates confirming vocational qualifications (Europass Mobility)
For the city of Chorzów:
• Employment for teachers of high schools located in Chorzow in the period of demographic decline.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation