DNA - Discover Nature Awareness
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
“DNA - Discover Nature Awareness" is an Erasmus+, Key Action 1 – Youth Exchange that will be hosted and implemented by SOS Diritti on 5-13 October 2015 in Tolfa (Rome) – Lazio Region, Italy and will bring together 7 group leaders and 35 participants (young people from 18 to 30 yo) from 7 different Erasmus Plus Programme countries: Italy, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Macedonia, Greece and Spain (each partner will send 1 group leader and 5 participants).
DNA aims to foster young people’s healthy lifestyles, promoting outdoor activities and bringing young people closer to nature. Participants will experience various methods of outdoor education. They will have a chance to reflect on the changing lifestyles of young people and the beneficial effects of using outdoor methods, promoting healthier lifestyles, bringing young people closer to nature and the countryside. This will be done to foster young people’s physical and mental wellbeing, promoting environmental protection activities and bringing young people from different backgrounds together.
The project aims is fostering a lifestyle change among participants and motivation for young people making them active in their own communities. The objectives of the Youth Exchange are:
- Promoting outdoor education as an inclusive tool in youth work;
- Fostering active, healthy lifestyles and behaviors among participants;
- Reflecting on the learning benefits of using the outdoors: health, lifestyle, connecting to nature, protecting the environment, fighting global warming;
- Increasing youth participation and active citizenship through outdoor education;
- Reflecting on the use of outdoor education in Erasmus+ projects;
- Developing further co-operation of partner promoter organisations in the field of outdoor education including E+ project;
- Promoting the Erasmus+ Programme to the local community and wider to the whole group of participants that shall also act as multipliers.
DNA will lead to increase the participation of young people in Erasmus+ projects. Participants will feel European citizens. The project’s theme is linked to EU topics. EU is one of the most active international actors when it comes to environmental protection, fighting global warming and promoting healthy lifestyles.
Methodology of the activity will be based in non-formal education approach, interacting and active participation of all participants. The Youth Exchange shall leave open space to participants to also conduct small workshops with the help of each team leader and thus having a possibility to take the lead and thus develop their skills as active citizens.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation