Divulgar Ciência: aprendendo e transmitindo.
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The Centro Ciência Viva de Bragança (CCVB) is currently developing a strategic plan for the dissemination of science, for the future, based on several strands: a new iteractive exhibition, a teachers’ educational plan, a program of activities for seniors, a host program for trainees, a new cycle of conferences on Science History and the follow-up of a series of scientific workshops and monthly science cafes. Another variant of this new plan is the effort in attracting the Spanish public to actively participate in the center’s activities. The main purpose of these activities is to contribute to a comprehensive strategic plan, through science and communication, actively and permanently directed to the culture, through the services we provide to society in general. It can contribute, in a consistent and continuous way, to the scientific literacy, a disadvantaged region, as Trás-os-Montes is. The number of participants in this project is 14 people. They are part of the permanent team of the CCVB, all of them holding a solid professional careers and university degrees, and in particular 8 years of experience in science communication and science museums . They are autonomous, humble, multifaceted and highly motivated for new challenges. The proposed project is in the field of adult education, and include the participation in the following courses:
- 2nd Teaching & Education Conference (The International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, Florence Italy.).
- Developing sucessuful exhibitions (SISSA, the International School of Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy).
- Facilitating the debate on the scientific and tecnological progress (SISSA, the International School of Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy).
- New Perspectives in Science Education (The International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences Florence Italy.).
- The future of education, 6th edition (The International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences Florence, Italy).
- Ecsite Annual Conference (The European Network the Science Centres and Museums, Graz, Austria).
The methodology of implementation begins with the establishment of the main objectives to be achieved by each course. The monitoring of participants and project management will be personally followed by the coordinator and by the financial manager of the CCVB. As for evaluation we plan to analyse the resulting benefits of training and the impact on the strategic plan, through new activities and objectives met, by self-assessment and by tracking the number of participants in the newcoming events. In the long term, we expect an increase in the number of visitors, an improvement in the quality of the science communication offered (independently assessed by visitors) and a contribution to regional development, namely by increasing the number of tourists integrated in scientific itineraries.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation