Diversifier les méthodes d'apprentissages par les ..
Diversifier les méthodes d'apprentissages par les activités de plein air
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Forcalqueiret is a rural town, located in the Var and surrounded by forests and hills. About 2000 inhabitants live there and it allows an quick acces to a diversity of both human and natural landscapes. In the elementary and in pre-school, teachers notice a lack of concentration coming from their students and some of them are not listening. They also point out their misunderstanding of their surroundings.
Through our will to keep the school garden working, three important points are getting our attention:
- Use this place as a mediation and learning tool with innovative teaching activities
- Improve the children's knowledge about all forms of life and its vocabulary
- Create skills using artistic and european elements
This project is going to be organized by 3 teachers (who vonlunteered) taking care of roughly 80 2nd grade students.
Most of them will be done in class when the three 2nd grade teachers mix their students.
Their content will include:
- Discovery of different life forms
- Respect and protect the environment
- Visual arts
- Field trips
Those will vary as the project advances and will be completed by participating teachers thanks to their learning.
Methods and impact:
Frequent meetings between the teachers will help coordinate their action and talk about the outcome of activities that were done.
For the teachers involved in the project:
It will be important to analyse throughout the realization of the project
- Their ability to develop new skills (use and create innovative tools, create partnerships with other people participating...)
- Their possibility to learn new teching methods and share theirs
- Their progress in a foreign language
For the school group:
The project's impact will be measured with:
-The evolution the school as new ways of teaching are used and the way other teachers get involved
- The amount of information shared with the school, the circonscription and other european participants (through webpages and websites).
For the students:
Skill improvements will be measured through several means (such as observation sheets filled by the teachers) and will focus on:
-Personal implication, cooperation and ability to take an appropriate action
-Reinforcement of self-esteem
-Acquiring new skills and using them
In long term, thanks to the links and exchanges made during that project, participants might think about pursuing their improvement of their professional skills (education, research, innovation) by creating new projects including elements to help building a european citizenship.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation