Start date: Mar 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 31, 2015
Discovery is youth exchange that will be held in Braga and will gather together 46 participants with fewer opportunities from 7 different countries.
Choosing a career can be a very difficult decision. Helping youth understand and discover their character, interests, skills and wishes is essential to the process of selecting the right career.
Main aim of the project is to develop participants' life-long learning competencies, self-awareness and promote active and creative participation of young people in processes and events around them. Taking part in this exchange will contribute to young people with fewer opportunities personal development and might expand their professional opportunities, help them to set up learning and carrier goals.
Participants of this exchange will be young unemployed people who are still deciding about their goals, still exploring their carrier opportunities. Exchange will help them to become more self-aware and gain skills and knowledge that can be easily transferred to other educational and working contexts and help them in search for job or applying for studies.
With 8-days youth exchange ''Discovery'' we wish to invite young people to explore their learning styles, their strengths, talents and their potential, raise their awareness of who they are and what they are capable of.
Objectives of training courses are to:
- realize and improve young people's self-image, self-confidence and to validate own capacity, knowledge, experience and skills
- to assist young people in choosing the right profession
- help young people find the personal interests, to develop, realize and promote a business idea
- empower young people and youth workers to take active role in the youth policymaking in their own society and future Europe
- promote the youth mobility through the possibilities that EACEA Programme's offer
- foster young people with fewer opportunities understanding on the main causes and consequences of youth unemployment in Europe
- develop the necessary skills and competences of the youth people with fewer opportunities
- look at the reality how different European countries fight with youth unemployment,
- increase cooperation among NGOs in Europe in the field of youth and employment
- To discover its ideal occupation that aligns with a person's character profile and his motivation
- To integrate more easily into a new environment
- To regain a feeling of security and control over their own lives
Methods: name gems, energizers, team building, working in small groups, presentation, debate, discussion, role play, simulation, fishbowl, brainstorming, interviewing locals, reflection groups, evaluation.
On the last day of the youth exchange participants will present performance of eight intelligences in the center of Braga, with idea to send a message of the importance of career guidance for young people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation