Discovering the local traditions through storytell..
Discovering the local traditions through storytelling
Start date: Apr 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
"Discovering the local traditions through storytelling" project aims to promote the intercultural learning among the young people through rediscovering the traditions.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Participation of four volunteers with fewer opportunities to an EVS stage, which will prioritize the non-formal education.
-Promotion intercultural dialogue through non-formal education methods putting the accent on storytelling method.
- Strengthening of the partnership cooperation between youth organizations interested in promoting non-formal education among young people with fewer opportunities.
- Increasing solidarity among the young participants in the project.
- Promotion social inclusion through the participation of four unemployed young people in project activities and by organizing youth activities for young people unemployed.
The project proposes an innovative voluntary stage for a total of 4 young people with fewer opportunities, young people aged 22 to 26 years, coming from disadvantage economic communities from Italy, Spain, Portugal and France.
The main activities which will be implemented within the project will be:
- Promoting traditional crafts, folk traditions within Bujoreni Village Museum, using a series of non-formal education methods, especially the method of "storytelling".
- Initiating media campaigns using methods of non-formal education, campaigns that will promote the folk traditions.
- Initiating a media campaign to increase the number of blood donors.
- Organize workshops in rural schools to promote folk traditions.
- Organizing seminars, debates, meetings with stakeholders, where besides promoting folk traditions as a form of learning, it will be promoted Erasmus +.
The project will be implemented using the methodology "learning by doing", with a great emphasis on non-formal education methods.
The results and achievements of the project will be:
- innovative voluntary stage which promotes the non-formal education among the young people with fewer opportunities.
- the brochure about folk traditions from Valcea and the communities of volunteers. The brochure will include description of the methods of non-formal education put into practice by volunteers during the EVS stage.
- media campaign on awareness the local, regional and national community to donate blood.
- the website of the project.
The project will have impact on young participants, on local community with the dissemination of the dissemination.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation