Développer Ensemble des Valeurs Européennes et Nov..
Développer Ensemble des Valeurs Européennes et Novatrices, Intégrées à la Réussite
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The participants to the erasmus + project are vocational baccalaureate students ( healthcare and esthetics-cosmetics). They are from 16 to 18 years old. Some of them come from a semi-urban area and were underperforming in their former secondary schools. In order to validate their diploma, they need to carry out 22 weeks of placement in firms during their 3 training years.
We would like to send 10 students during 4 weeks in November/December 2015 for the 2015/2016 school year and 10 other ones during 4 weeks in November/December 2016 for the 2016/2017 school year. These 20 students will go to Stockholm :
- to improve their knowledge in English
- to carry out a training period outside France
- to acquire new professional techniques
- to compare these techniques between Sweden and France
- to develop their European citizenship -to increase their employability potential
- to reinforce their autonomy.
Within the highschool, in order to prepare this mobility, the students will be offered :
- to discover Sweden ( as well culturally as linguistically )
- to learn specific English vocabulary linked with their speciality, level tests
- to act role-plays and practise professional techniques in English, with the help of an English teacher and one of the speciality
- to prepare the europass
- to get them informed about the impact of the European community in our daily life.
Back from their mobility, the students will :
- write their report as participants in the erasmus + project
- present the Europro Certificate
- take the optional mobility examination for the baccalaureate
- fill in their European CV and their languages passport
- have a test in English in order to assess their progress
- create a power-point to report their mobility during the open days of the school to the other students.
Our partner, Kungsholmen Västra Gymnasium from Stockholm,will :
- find the placements for our trainees, either in old people's homes or in Face shop
- make sure that the placements run smoothly, with the help of the French teacher and the Swedish tutor
- deal with accomodation in the youth hostel during the week and with Swedish families at weekends, with transport and with cultural visits.
- organise the integration of French students within the Swedish highschool, all their stay round.
This project will be driven by 2 teachers, Mrs Boone and Mrs Schmucki, and the deputy headmaster, Mr Dubuis. They will coordinate the whole project and thanks to regular meetings, will make sure the schedules and objectives are respected. Other people will take part in the project ( teachers specialised in professional techniques,English teachers, headteachers, one of the secretaries and the accountant).
This mobility, integrated to other projects within the school, must enable the selected students :
- to have a better employability at the end of their training
- to be more mobile in France and in Europe
- to be more adaptable within a firm
- to be more open-minded towards Europeans.
This reciprocity with Kungsholmen Västra Gymnasium, which started in 2012, makes it possible to consider building a lasting and reliable partnership for the next few years.
We are currently preparing a partnership with the vocational highschool "Friedrich-List" from our twin town, Solingen,in Germany. This German highschool prepares young students to become apprentices in the fields of commerce and management. Students and teachers went there in February 2015 and our school will welcome German students in April 2015, in order to integrate a new speciality ( commerce and management) in the next Erasmus + project.
We can already size the consequences of these mobilities ( which have been on since 2012 )in healthcare and cosmetics-esthetics fields. Indeed, some students choose our school to prepare these vocational baccalaureates, because they know that they have the opportunity to carry out a period of placement abroad and to improve their language level.
We give information about the project during our open-days, vocational guidance meetings, forums, local press, school website, the Council, the Regional Council and local education authorities.
Our school becomes more attractive, thanks to the various projects linked with language learning ( placements abroad, exchanges, linguistic stays and welcoming foreign students.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation