Developing Entrepreneurship through the Improvemen..
Developing Entrepreneurship through the Improvement of Key Competences
Start date: Aug 15, 2014,
End date: Feb 14, 2015
The project will focus on the needs of social workers, youth workers, youth leaders and youngsters with fewer opportunities (with a low standard of living, disabilities or learning difficulties, socially excluded and/or unemployed) to improve their entrepreneurial skills and their self-esteem, therefore to develop new ideas through non-formal education, transnational mobility, active participation in society/communities, active citizenship and empowerment through positive collaboration.
Additionally the participants shall have current or past experience with youths or children who have among others low competences, luck of entrepreneurial skills, special educational, mobility, social needs, or adults who are stigmatised because of their past life (e.x former criminal record etc) and have the need of motivation and new ways of approaching them. We are planning on having 10 organisations from 10 different countries with 3 participants from each organization apart staff. Our partners come from Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Bulgaria, Finland, UK, Estonia, Lithuania, Spain and France.
In our project we emphasize the facts that the educational background, the gender, the differences in the abilities, the social status, the use of language all have a great influence on our work. We concentrate on competences like solidarity, empathy, tolerance, acceptance, openness and creativity.
During the training course the themes will be approached in workshops and smaller work groups. We will try to make sure that the participants will be able to express their opinions and themselves through activities that are varied and interactive and will rely upon the abilities and strengths of the participants.
We will pay attention that all of the participants would be able to express their opinion and share ideas in accordance with their language competencies. In the group work we will use methods that energise and motivate everyone. We will always start with some motivating activities such a video or a case study or a role play, so everyone even those who have some lower language level to tell their opinions and then move to talking in front of bigger groups. The chosen methods will be: non formal learning approaches using simulations, role plays, energizers, reflections/debriefing, case studies.Moreover we will implement outdoor activities such as exploring/investigating in order to facilitate the motivation and poster and flash mob making. Moreover we will visit youth centers and places where youths are having time together and cultural and historical places of the area to link to the topic of intercultural unity of the european. The language of the TC is English.
The basics of our methodologies are active co-operative learning combining experience and theory implementation. This way we will define our methods: learning by games, round-table conference, moderated discussions, learning by doing, plenary sessions, interactive work based on advanced preparations, creative workshops with coaching.
- To develop basic and transversal skills, such as entrepreneurship, digital skills and multilingualism in all fields of education and youth work and training, using innovative and youngsters centred pedagogical and non formal approaches,
- To improve the level of key competences and skills, with particular regard to their relevance for the labour market and their contribution to a cohesive society.
- To promote NFL as an entrepreneurial tool for enhancing employability and social inclusion (in local, national and european society).
- To develop participants social and personal skills for team work, video/film making, team spirit, entrepreneurship and self reflection
- To help young Europeans and youth workers in the planning and implementing of practices for tackling social exclusion.
- To increase awareness about the power of Erasmus+ programmes for supporting entrepreneurship.
- To help participants acquire high-quality Youthpass Certificates with their new learning outcomes and Key Competences.
- To create new future cooperation and increase the visibility of the results of Erasmus+
How the planned activities and working methods will contribute to the process of NFL?
We plan activities for enhancing the process of NFL. All activities will be targeted. That means all activities will be organized and structured according to our objectives. Moreover we will focus on the participants' motivation and interest during the training period. As soon as the project will be approved by the NA we will search and ask for the participants' learning and practical experiences and needs for self-improvement and so we will plan our daily agenda of NFL accordingly. We also planned not so strict in implementation and timeline activities because we aim to flexibility during learning proces and in methods and approaches.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation