Design and Bauhaus: History inspires the Future
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project «Design and Bauhaus: History inspires the Future» involves the students of department «Interior design, decoration and object design» of IEK Agiou Dimitriou. This is a new department, which replaced the previous specialization " Decoration Technician", recognizing the need to redefine the training content, in accordance with current job market conditions. Berlin and Bauhaus, were chosen for the revolution that the school of Bauhaus brought to education and for its connections with the industrial production and the job markets.
From lighting to the furniture and appliances we have in our home to the newspapers we read, to the architecture and development of contemporary art around the world, the Bauhaus influence in our lives is undeniable. Particularly, in the fields of architecture and industrial design, the Bauhaus school has acted as a catalyst. Berlin is the "home" of the Bauhaus movement which houses a large number of Bauhaus buildings and museums which feature items such as furniture and lighting. In the surroundings areas the former Bauhaus school continues to operate as a public institution which organizes presentations, guided tours and workshops conducted by experts. Furthermore, Berlin continues to be a living hub in the world map of modern architecture and design.
The project «Design and Bauhaus: History inspires the Future» aims at:
- Improving the knowledge and professional skills-abilities of students,
- The professional development of students with an increase of their self-esteem,
- The adoption of new innovative attitudes in professional training,
- The expansion of students’ professional horizons and perspectives,
- Acquiring knowledge of the operation of vocational German education-training,
- Emphasizing the importance of professional visits,
- Strengthening the European identity of the participants,
- Strengthening the importance of intercultural communication
The project involves the students of department "Interior design, decoration and object design", who have the necessary background to meet the demands of the project and to utilize and improve on all of the skills acquired during their studies. The thirteen (13) total participants (twelve (12) students, one (1) companion) have been chosen for their commitment and intention of their active participation in all stages of the project and in the interim reviews.
The project «Design and Bauhaus: History inspires the Future» concerns the triptych: Bauhaus - training - labor market and it is designed in three (3) phases with specific activities in order to achieve its objectives:
- the preparation of the visit aims at acquiring knowledge (via lectures) on the principles and the contributions of the Bauhaus movement through projects assigned to students
- the two weeks visit to Berlin will allow the students: to network with professionals and companies: to participate in innovative education programs developed by the scientific staff of the Bauhaus Foundation: to and complete work through visits to important buildings - landmarks of world architecture and museums
- processing and presentation of results, after the return of the participants, in order to assess their experiences and to share the knowledge gained
The students' participation in the project aims at:
- Improving their knowledge and professional skills-abilities,
- Improving their professional development and increasing their self-esteem,
- The expansion of their professional horizons and perspectives,
- The understanding of the value of professional visits as a means of a lifelong continuous education,
- Strengthening the European identity of the participants
Regarding the vocational education and training, the benefits of this project include:
- An upgrading of training offered through the adoption of innovative methods of education and enrichment curriculum,
- The openness of the vocational education and training programs
- Attracting new students,
- A strengthening of the European identity of the vocational education and training,
- The widening of its network of partners with benefits in multiple fields.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation