DES FLAMMES A LA LUMIERE
Start date: Apr 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 31, 2015
“Connaissance de la Meuse” it’s a state-approved association. Its purpose is the development of the “Meusien” heritage. Its main actions are: the sound and light show, exhibitions/(exposures), activities intended for children, excursions, and the publication of a quarterly historic magazine ...
'Connaissance de la Meuse" is one of most important cultural associations of Lorraine and it is known in particular for the “Evénement-Spectacle” named “From flames to the light” which is the biggest sound and light show of Europe talking about the First Great War, it’s organized for about 19 years in Verdun. The show welcomed 400 000 spectators coming from all the France and from foreign countries. The show is simultaneously translated in German, English and Dutch languages.
We wish to welcome 4 European volunteers, in particular Germans teen volunteers, to participate in the “Evénement-Spectacle” “From flames to the light", at Verdun starting from april till the end of July 2015. This show is a particularly moving evocation of the battle of Verdun and the French-German reconciliation, which represents an important page in the History of Europe.
The show is realized by 500 volunteers.
The participation of these young people SVE in our show is essential for the historical symbolism and allows to carry a message of hope, about the refusal of the indifference, about the Memory (Souvenir) and the Peace especially this year, when we are celebrating the Centenary of the First Great War.
These young people will have the opportunity to discover the sound and light show, as volunteer and to meet some hundreds of our volunteers from all ages.
Profile of the participants: young people motivated, who like the associative spirit, to share pleasant moments with other volunteers and who are attracted by the show business.
Presentation of activities:
1. Participate in the preparation of Evénement-Spectacle through various workshops.
2. Participate as extras actors in the show for those who wish it.
3. For the young volunteers attracted by the technical aspects, we have the possibility of setting up trainings about on the techniques of the sound, the light, the manufacturing of costumes or to welcome the spectators.
4. Assistance in the reception of the foreign spectators who represent 5 % of our publics, as well as in the reception of the foreign delegations or the journalists.
5. Visits of the places of historical interest of our region, participation at workshops about regional food, French language and civilization, meetings with the volunteers of the association on different themes (peace and memory, cultural exchanges, ...).
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation