De camp à quartier
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Aug 31, 2016
Into the context of partnership between CEMEA and Keffiyeh Center, and due to the will of Allonnes to develop international projects and partnership to allow the youngs of Allonnes' social centers to experiment interculturality or a first mobility experience, the Youth Service is looking for new international partners. The exchange with Palestine is not meaningless, as it will arouse committment and mobility of the youth on a federative project.
The project will be in 4 phases:
- preparation of the exchange, that will mobilize the french group on a first international project
- hosting a palestinian group in Allonnes every summer since 2009, to provoke a concrete exchange between the participants, and a first intercultural experience for both groups
- hosting of the french group in Palestine (autumn 2015) will be the occasion for the french group to live a first mobility experience, to discover the reality of the palestinian context, and to strenghten the links between the associations through the personnal and professionnal relationship
- promoting the project: the palestinian and french groups will convey the experience they lived, what they earned on the personnal level, what it will provoke in the area.
The project gathers 6 youth workers (4 french and 2 palestinian) and 22 youngs (10 palestinian and 12 french), coming from disadvantaged areas (UDZ and refugee camps). They are all over 18. The groups and the team will be mixt, and will take a special care to balance the number of women and men within the groups.
The project was built from a simple diagnosis and with a methodology:
- a will of the youngs of Allonnes to intensify the exchanges
- the associative project of Allonnes to develop international partnership, especially in Askar Camp
- a networking via the CEMEA
- an involvment of the workers teamps and youngs from Allonnes, accompanied by the CEMEA, experts in project methodology
The expected effects are:
- a multiplicating effect of Allonnes' youth mobilization on international projects
- intercultural skills for Youth Service social workers
- international partnerships for Youth Service
The long-term expected effects will be the increase of the mobility of the youth, and the implementation of international perennial projects in the social centers of Pays de la Loire.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation