Dancing Across New Common Emotions
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 31 Oct 2015
The basis idea of the project was born during the organization of the Erasmus project of cultural exchange (2014), based on the idea of starting from diversity (cultural, social, historical, of the uses and customs, etc.) to bring out the difference as positive value that can unify and enrich. The project promoted the exchange of knowledge between young people from partner countries, focusing on the different forms of dances and folk songs, on the differences and similarities, and through their knowledge, offer young people the opportunity to cooperate, sperimentandosi together, the realization of a final product but also contribute to building a common history which is that of the United Europe.
The goal was to promote the meeting of different cultures and, through the knowledge and appreciation of the different forms of expression:
- Develop the skills to make an independent research project;
- Extend your knowledge of different cultural expressions;
- Promote the comparison among young people, with the aim of finding points of contact and enrich intercultural training;
- Encourage the development of a European awareness, stimulating reflection on the differences in cultures and values.
The youth exchange took place in Vallefiorita in Calabria (Italy) and lasted for 10 days (excluding travel days). It involved 30 young people from Armenia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Serbia and Italy.
During their stay, participants will have the opportunity:
1. to present the local and national culture of their country through dances and folk songs, and to know that of the partner countries;
2. to co-operate among peers for the construction of an intercultural project;
3. to experience cooperative learning, to practice peer education, to be teachers and students;
4. to gain practical skills and improve communication skills.
Each participant, through its experience, became the star of every action in an informal and dynamic. The exchange also helped to develop design skills and self-promotion of the activities.
During the meeting were realized, on the basis of the program agreed between the partners, various activities: group work, guided tours, meetings with local communities; preparation and implementation of a performance of dance and song.
The various activities had used informal procedures and methodologies appropriate: team-building, peer education, cooperative learning, role plays, discussions, focus groups, outdoor activities, learning by doing, workshops.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation