Culture and Diversity for Europe
Start date: Mar 30, 2015,
End date: Sep 29, 2015
The idea of the project was presented during the organization of the Erasmus project of cultural exchange in place, based on the idea of starting from the diversity (cultural, social, historical, usages and customs, etc..) To bring up the difference as positive value that can unify and enrich. The project promotes the exchange of knowledge between young people from partner countries focusing on different forms of dances and folk songs, the differences and similarities, and through their knowledge, offer young people the opportunity to cooperate the creation of a final product, but also contribute to building a common history which is that of a united Europe.
The youth exchange will take place in Vallefiorita in Calabria ( Italy ) and will run for 7 days (excluding travel days). It will involve 24 young people from Turkey, Albania, Macedonia and Italy .
During their staying, participants will have :
1 the opportunity to present the local and national culture of their country through dances and folk songs and learn about the partner countries; ;
2 . the opportunity to learn about partner country local and national culture and the host country through crafts , art, music, poetry and fiction , gastronomy ;
3 . The opportunity to co-operate among peers for the construction of an intercultural project ;
4 . The opportunity to experience cooperative learning , peer education to practice , to be teachers and students;
5 . The opportunity to gain practical skills and improve their communication skills.
The main objectives of the project are as follows:
- Developing skills to do an independent research project ;
- Promoting knowledge of the different cultural expressions;
- Promoting the comparison among young people, with the aim of finding points of contact and to enrich the cross-cultural training ;
- Encouraging the development of a European consciousness , stimulating reflection on the differences in cultures and values;
Each participant, through his own experience, he will become the hero of every action in an informal and dynamic. The exchange will also help to develop design skills and self-promotion of its activities.
During the days of the meeting will be realized on the basis of the program agreed between the partners, several activities: group work, guided tours, meetings with local communities; preparation and implementation of a performance of dance and song.
The different activities will use informal procedures and appropriate methodologies : team-building, peer -education , cooperative learning , role-play , debates , focus groups , outdoor activities, learning by doing and workshops.
The need to experience every day in the dual role of those who teach what they know to others and at the same time , those who are prepared to learn from others , will enable participants to acquire self-confidence , improving verbal and non- verbal communicate and developing those essential skills that will contribute to their personal and social development .
This exchange will not end at this way, but it will provide the impetus for a series of activities in which the beneficiaries of the project will share their ideas using different modes of expression
The planned activities will give rise to representations of multicultural self-managed.
At the end of the main activities of the project are expected:
1. an increase in skills and knowledge of participants; an improvement of their skills and competences;
2. a widening of horizons of knowledge of the organizations that have promoted and participated in the project;
Through the project you can then achieve the following objectives that represent an added value :
- Increasing the awareness of being part of the EU and outline a symbolic horizon able to include the idea of Union .
- Evaluating the cultural heritage of each country.
- Promoting the values of being together at European level and the confidence to be peacemakers, in line with the Nobel Prize awarded for the EU in 2012.
- Establishing relationships between young people from other countries and organizing exchanges of information and distance learning and in-person .
- Supporting the development of a " European consciousness " and active citizenship .
- Creating networks and disseminating good practices in different European countries for the promotion of the program " Erasmus +" .
- Creating the foundation for the development of the partnership, also in view of future collaborations for new projects.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation