Culture and Art for Youth Rights, Unity and Solid..
Culture and Art for Youth Rights, Unity and Solidarity
Start date: Jan 15, 2015,
End date: Jan 15, 2016
The project CAYRUS " will be implemented by 11 youth NGOs from 8 countries, member states of EU(DE,IT, ES, PT, IR) and partner countries of the Erasmus + Program(
will highlight the use of the arts to promote awareness and inspire creative activism on behalf of human rights .The program involves presenting examples of creative use of different media—film, photography, graphic novels, and music-- to engage larger and more diverse audiences and inspire them to imagine and carry out new forms of human rights activism and features
In particular, while partners of Western Europe have already a lot of skills in EU project management and own a “know-how” experience in developing an NGO, this is a strong lack in western Balkans youth organizations which need to improve their capacities in order to carry out more structured project and face the challenges of economic crysis.
On the other side, western Balkans NGOs and informal groups are very engaged in the field of intercultural dialogue and inclusion on minorities, supporting the role of the States, and can give an important contribution in ideas and methodologies to build-up relevant and efficient projects in this field also in western europe, where the increasing number of migrants and the re-born of nationalism and has generated new challenges for the peaceful cohexistence of communities.
The project is oriented to members of youth-led NGOs who want to find a professional future in the social field, students engaged in human rights education and youth workers who desire to develop useful skills in new media:it will involve about 60 participants.
The proposed project pursues the following objectives:
- stimulate a greater understanding and responsiveness to social and cultural diversity
- to enhance professional and management capacities and skills of youth organisations through new approaches to organisational development and professionalisation of staff, especially with new media
- enhance the international dimension of education and training, creating new opportunities for transnational cooperation and mobility of youth workers among Programme and Partner-Countries
Following activities will be implemented:
1) Youth exchange where participants will share their experiences on the field of intercultural dialogue
2) Training Course about EU project management, EU strategies/funding opportunities fot youth in pre-accession phase countriestrainings will have a concrete and modern approach,showing how new media can play a role in youth participation, taking full advantage in the realization of their purposes.
Regarding expected impact and results, at national level these NGOs aim to become positive model to inspire civil society actions, becoming themselves trainers for other groups and influencing political decision-makers in carrying out youth policies.
At European level, the relationships built during the project will help to develop an international network of NGOs which can work together in the next years to carry out projects in the education field and contribute to accelerate the ongoing process of cooperation with Mediterranean Countries
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation