Cultural Adventure II
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
Long term EVS project “Cultural Adventure II” .
Venue of the project – Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Duration of project (activity) is 12 months from 1st March 2015 till 28th of February 2016.
Number of volunteers – 3 volunteers from Spain: María Herrero González from Palencia, Isidro Cabezuelo Hidalgo from Valencia, Rubén Varela Fleury from Cádiz.
The project was organized on the base of non-profit, non-governmental organization KURO Hradec Kralove z.s., which focuses itself on cultural development on town by organizing various youth or cultural events with the help of volunteers and by that promoting volunteering and active citizenship. Volunteering is promoted as a real life and working experience so our efforts are also aimed on solutions to youth unemployment. In order to gain a position to be able to tackle our mission and aims of our EVS projects KURO HK is very active in networking activities among local and regional NGOs, especially in the fields of volunteering and international volunteering.
Main objectives of the project were:
- To promote international voluntary service, especially EVS and Erasmus+ programme and spread awareness about voluntary movements in general;
- To change point of view on foreign volunteers and show the benefits of international volunteering as a learning method and contribution to future employment of individual;
- To create and intercultural impact and spread the idea of benefits of culturally diverse environment and fight stereotypes and xenophobia by that and use international and intercultural dimension of the project to support positive feelings about cultural diversity (meetings with youth, presentations about own culture in libraries, schools etc.);
- To give the volunteer opportunity to participate on various projects of our organization and by that gain new competences and skills in the field of regional cultural development and promotion of volunteering and learn from the experience;
- Cooperation with local and regional organizations in order to strengthen cohesion in the issues of volunteering and international volunteering with the help of EVS volunteers;
- Assistance at public events, organized by Partners of KURO HK in the city/region, as a great opportunity to learn about active civil participation, different topics as work with children, environmental issues, culture and charity. Volunteers were actively involved to organization of international events (under Erasmus+) in Hradec Králové; educational/PR department of Museum of Eastern Bohemia, Youth Houses, Partner kindergarten, art-cinema club, Partner elementary school, Integrational centre for foreigners, Special school for disadvantaged students, Secondary Medical school and School of trade, gastronomy and services, based in Hradec Králové and region.
The main methods used during project were: non-formal educational tools, presentations, workshops, training courses, study visits, ICT tools, games, discussions,
brainstorming, evaluation in different forms (oral/written/periodic/final), art tools, visual materials (audio/video/photo).
The main activities with assistance of volunteers or leaded by them were: presentations about EVS project experience; presentations about Spain/Spanish culture; workshops about nutrition, community management and sport; language workshops (English/Spanish) as well as cooking workshops at Integrational center for foreigners and schools; assistance at summer children's camps; creation of visual promo materials etc.
The project was unique, because KURO HK is still to be the only active EVS accredited organization in the city of Hradec Králové (Czech Republic), supporting projects really aimed, among others, on promotion of international volunteering, active citizenship and Erasmus+.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation