CROSS COUNTRY, CROSS BARRIERS
Start date: Jun 15, 2015,
End date: Jan 14, 2016
The project idea came from the awareness of the numerous barriers (physical-geographical, psychological, attitudinal) maintenance of rural and urban areas because of the low level of knowledge between them, of the ignorance and un-experiencing life in alternative media, young people being isolated in their life contexts. Analyzing the situation, together with partners, we have decided to contribute to reducing these barriers through a youth exchange for 13 days, conducted in both environments, urban (Brasov) and rural (Korond, Fantana Brazilor), through a partnership between organizations from Romania, Italy, Spain and Poland, meeting the following objectives:
1.The development of the knowledge level of the 24 urban and rural youth, aged 19-26 years, from Romania, Spain, Italy and Poland (Youth Exchange participants) till the end of the project.
2. Reducing stereotypes between the two areas of life, to the participants of the youth exchange and in community, by the end of the project.
3. Developing specific skills and attitudes through alternative living environments to the participants of the exchange until the end of the project.
The project participants will be in number of 24, aged between 19 and 26 years old, 12 urban and 12 rural. Each country will have 6 participants, three urban and three rural, respecting gender balance between participants. The participants who did not have experience in alternative living environments will have priority and there will not be required any kind of skills level (professional, language), providing the opportunity for young people's participation, without discrimination.
The project activities are:
1) Deep “know-each-other” between the participants
2) Urban and rural discovery: Identify places frequented by young people, socializing with young people from the local community, urban and rural civilization discovery.
3) Mini Research - Analysis of existing stereotypes between the two environments.
4) Experiencing urban and rural activities: watching 3D movie, visit the Transylvania University campus, agricultural activities, animal care, traditional food preparation, etc.
5) Making a video during the urban and rural experience;
6) Dissemination of project results by organizing dissemination seminars during the exchange and other 8 in the period of “follow-up” and other dissemination activities.
The methods used will be interactive, participative, involving the participants permanently throughout the project: energizers, working in teams, treasure hunt, knowledge games, team-building, making film, direct participation in urban and rural activities, facilitated group discussions, evenings dance, fire, etc.
After the project the participants will have: higher level of knowledge about alternative living environments, skills for living in such environments and attitudes of tolerance, understanding and acceptance of differences between the two groups of young people and living environments. They will also develop their knowledge and communication skills in their native language, in English and in other languages, mathematical skills in science, IT competencies, communication skills with other young people and local community members and own communities, teamwork skills, attitude of openness to understanding and acceptance of other cultures and traditions, organizational and leadership skills.
In the medium term, the participants will develop their interest in alternative living environments, increasing the chances for personal and professional development including employment. Long term, young people will become active member in the community that they belong to, developing new opportunities for other young people and will be interested to participate in projects / programs of professional development, as youth workers.
At the level of the partner organizations, these will develop project management skills, and in the medium and long term, they will write and implement new projects, more efficient, involving as many countries and responding to the local and European community needs.
By disseminating tangible results (PowerPoint presentation -Mini research, The short movie, Measuring the impact of the project, Project Facebook page), these will generate impact on local ,national and European communities, in order to reduce the existing stereotypes, attitudes of tolerance, understanding and acceptance, awareness of the opportunities offered by different living environments, developing a more inclusive European community.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation