Creativity and Sports - the steps that lead to emp..
Creativity and Sports - the steps that lead to employment
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
All partner organizations and participants, qualified trainers and staff who have been working in the youth field for the past years will be working together during the project week, and together we intend to show the power of Non-Formal Learning in relation to creativity, sport and transversal skills. This project will give special attention and focus will be given to the the needs of youth workers, social workers and Youth Centers who work with young people from all aspects of life especially those who are unemployed, school dropouts and have a difficult background.
Venue: Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Dates: 23-30 June 2015
Participants: 30 (inclusing the trainers)
Promoters will be encouraged to prepare the participants before participating in the training course. Preference should be given to those participants who work or intend to work with young people who are excluded from society.
Aims and Issues:
The aim of this training course is to increase the knowledge and skills of how the participants can bring out their creativity through non-formal education as well how to be good team players through sports skillls . We aim that once back in their youth organisations the participants will implement what they have learnt and spread the skills earned in this training course to the young people they work with and therefore act as multipliers in order to help the young people use these skills in order to help them to enter the employment world .
- To promote as education through sports as a powerful tool for developing creativity;
- To improve professional competences of youth workers/leaders, which will help them to facilitate activities with young people with learning orientated approach;
- To bring out the creative side in each of the participants;
- To develop the creative side of participants with learning through sports;
- To learn how to become multipliers of creativity and bring out the transversal skills in young people;
- To learn how to become multipliers of creativity within their community;
- To bring out the transversal skills in young people using non formal approaches;
- To ensure deeper understanding of what is a learning process;
- To develop essential facilitation skills;
- To develop through peer learning essential facilitation skills;
- To create a framework for facilitation based on non-formal education and self-directed learning;
- To promote an open and creative training environment for non-formal learning;
- To bring a theoretical background of facilitation into a practical framework;
- To work towards the creation of new partnerships and/or projects using various support mechanisms, as Erasmus +;
- To sustain the experience exchange and impact of training outcomes after the training through a community of practice and trainers’ support after the training course.
The basics of our methodologies are active co-operative learning combining experience and theory implementation. This way we will define our methods: learning by games, round-table conference, moderated discussions, sports education, team building activities, team work skills, learning by doing, plenary sessions, interactive work based on advanced preparations, creative workshops with coaching.
It is sometimes said that in international projects cultural stereotypes might affect the working procedure and the team spirit. The group leaders will prepare the participants in advance for the possible conflicts and will work on that the participants will be tolerant and respectful with each other. The proposed games, workshops and discussions will also serve this purpose as the participants will be able to spend long time with mixed groups. We will also organise cultural evenings where promoters will have the opportunity to show aspects of their country, region and language. This will enhance the acceptance and enforce social inclusion in practice.
We plan activities for enhancing the process of NFL. All activities will be targeted. That means all activities will be organized and structured according to our objectives. Moreover we will focus on the participants' motivation and interest during the training period. As soon as the project will be approved by the NA we will search and ask for the participants' learning and practical experiences and needs for self-improvement and so we will plan our daily agenda of NFL accordingly. We also planned not so strict in implementation and timeline activities because we aim to flexibility during learning proces and in methods and approaches.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation