Creative Methodology and Language Development, You..
Creative Methodology and Language Development, Young Learners, Managing and Developing Self and Others
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Taking into consideration the results of passing the state examination in English by the students for the last three years it has been stated that the English language skills of students in Rezekne secondary school No2 have decreased. The school authorities and teaching staff have set up the plan for improvement students skills in English language. The main areas for improvement at school are curriculum, the organization of teaching and learning, staff development.
The specific objectives of this mobility project are to improve the level of English teachers competences and skills, providing the teachers with practical and effective methods of teaching English, to enhance English teachers’ knowledge of the English language, to secure pupils’ academic achievement and motivate them for English classes, to increase European dimension.
To achieve the project objectives three school teachers are to be involved into mobility project:
1. Marina Smirnova. She has been working at Rezekne secondary school No2 for 16 years as a German teacher at primary and secondary level, and as an English teacher at primary level, for the last three years she has been working as a Deputy Head teacher and is responsible for the development of their colleagues.
2. Raisa Dukaļska. She has been an EFL teacher for more than 25 years, teaches English as a second language at primary and secondary level.
3. Olga Kučerova. She has been working at school for 13 years, teaches English as a second language at primary level.
The mobility project main activities are one week professional development courses at ADC College (Professional development and language tuition organization).
Deputy Head teacher will improve her professional competences attending the course „Managing and Developing Self and Others”. The course focuses on traditional and modern methods of management, explores new electronic and on-line tools to facilitate more effective development.
EFL teacher at secondary level will develop her professional competences attending the course „Creative Methodology”. The course aims to provide foreign language teachers with a greater range of techniques and tools that they can employ in the classroom, to develop language level and language awareness of teachers, to give teachers tools to motivate language learning in students.
EFL teacher at primary level will develop her teaching skills and techniques attending the course „Young Learners”. This course gives teachers of under 12s a wide variety of fun and innovative activities to get and keep kids interested in learning English and offer language development sessions, where the teachers can improve their level and awareness of English.
Expected results and impact of this mobility project:
- Foreign Language programme at school will be modernized and improved;
- a staff development plan will be created;
- EFL teachers competences, the quality of teaching / learning processes and pupils’ achievements will be improved;
- participants' awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries will raise;
- teachers will return to their classroom with renewed enthusiasm and an increased excitement about teaching and the teaching profession, discover new ways of teaching, inspire their pupils to engage with their subjects;
- the participants will encourage their colleagues to participate in mobility projects, assist them in preparing a mobility period, will share their experiences with the wider school community;
- the participants will establish a good network of new international contacts and create some partnership or eTwinning projects.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation