Create and Preserve
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2015
Project Create and Preserve is a Youth Exchange program founded on the theme Culture and Sustainable development. It serves as a springboard to better intercultural comprehension and cooperation where the common interest in sustainable living becomes a fundamental means to support the European rapprochement. The project carried out in a playful style, located at a House of Nature (place solidly connected to the nature in Alsace region), taking place in the first week of May 2015, based on the activities of reflection and artistic creation and methods of non-formal education, it raises the question: how to make the art while also respecting environmental and socio-economic sustainability. By placing such an issue at the centre of attention it aims to promote an intercultural dialogue, to foster creativity and the innovative spirit in youngsters and to encourage them in the commitment to active European citizenship.
The group of youngsters that we will host would be composed by 30 participants, aged of 13 to 30 years-old with fewer opportunities. The hosted youngsters are supposed to be open to the Europe and sensitive to its identity development. Their appeal for the art and interest in the environmental issues will be a springboard to stimulate the social interactions. For that reasons, they will participate in following activities;
- Cultural visits and outdoors activities
- Artistic workshops inducing the art and nature as universal language between the cultures
- Discussions within enrichment and personal development methods
- Playful and participatory activities
Through all actions included in the project and in cooperation with partners….we intend to accomplish the following goals:
1. Teach the participants about the conception Culture and Sustainable development through the non-formal education
2. Allow youngsters to confront theirs opinions on the mentioned issue and to compare the specific approaches of thier original countries
3. Support the young participants in their artistic realizations and develop their creative skills
4. Raise young public awareness of environmental issues
5. Foster learning of foreign language as French or English
6. Enable youngsters to be personally a part of multicultural environmental
7. Encourage young people’ s European active citizenship
In the global context marked by the skepticism towards the European Union, whose citizens are losing trust in its structures, programs and values that tend to be covered by shadow of the negative development, we still remain committed to defend them. By setting up our project we wish to promote active model of European lifestyle to youngsters; to the generation who represents a hope of our future.
In the view of the above, we are convinced that nothing better could contribute in our troubled times than Youth Exchange favoring the mutual acquaintance, tolerance and interpersonal comprehension as well as intercultural. Through the artistic workshops and all the activities we intend to enable the young citizens to discover yourself and to discover cultural diversity, to eliminate theirs prejudges and to find the compromises. Participants will see what is played within the Europe for themselves - what could be stakes - and what is done for them.
Our aim is to develop three step effects: direct on participants by their involvement to this project, indirect on their experience account and well, sustainable in the setting up of partnerships who could fit into the time in order to foster strategic and deep exchanges between similar European associations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation