Council of Europe’s Compass Human Rights Education..
Council of Europe’s Compass Human Rights Education Programme
Start date: Sep 2, 2014,
End date: Feb 1, 2015
“Compass” is an Erasmus+ - Key Action 1 – Mobility of youth workers project.
The main project activity is an eight-day training course on the Council of Europe’s Human Rights Education Programme – Compass, and the Compass HRE Manual.
The course will held in Wroclaw, Poland, from 7th to 15th November 2014, and involve 24 youth workers from 8 Programme countries as well as a team of 2 experts and 3 logistical and management support workers.
The main project objectives are:
- Training participants in using the Compass HRE Manual
- Mainstreaming human rights education in European youth work
- Reviewing good practice in human rights education with young people in partner countries
- Developing participants’ competences in human rights education
- Increasing the quality of future Erasmus+ projects
- Strengthening partnerships between partner organisations
The project will be based on non-formal learning methods, including small group work, team-building activities, multimedia presentations, role play and social theatre. It will draw on Council of Europe’s educational resources, notably the Compass HRE Manual (2012 edition).
The project’s main outcomes are: increased competences of participants in facilitating human rights education and the strengthened capacity of partner organisations. The course will have a strong multiplying effect as participants will organise local follow-up projects on human rights education in their countries.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation