Start date: Sep 1, 2015,
End date: Aug 31, 2017
The idea of the ‘Correlation’ project came from our observations while our cooperation with other organizations and a research that we did to our network about how to support volunteers in their organization. The results of the research and the number of the responses of potential partners prove that there is a need of the organizations. On account of this our goal is to empower the organizations, so that they are able to support the people who are involved in their organization.
The objectives of the project are:
• To increase the quality of the organization
• To provide the learning space to the participants, in which their skills can be improved.
• To enhance the employability of the participants, by inspiring them to transform the gained skills and the knowledge on their own potential start-ups.
Correlation will have two main activities, which are training courses in January 2016 and March 2017 in Ommen, The Netherlands.
The first training is for 36 youth workers and the second training for 32 youth workers.
The participants and partner organizations are coming from: Bulgaria, Poland, Italy, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Macedonia, Croatia, Greece and The Netherlands.
Between the trainings there is an interim period (February 2016- February 2017) in the local countries of the partners where they will use the learnt material in the first training and enhance the possibilities for volunteers in their organization.
The first training faces more practical and the second more coaching elements. The main method used during the both of the activities will be experiential learning; learning by doing.
Our aim of this project will be reflected through several expected results.
1) All the organizations involved will have members (5-6/organization) with advanced skills and knowledge
2) The partner organizations will have the chance to increase their network and partnerships through the 2 trainings and the interaction in the online platform.
3) Everyone who read the “European manual about how to get and support volunteers in an NGO”
4) The local community of Ommen, who will read the articles in newspaper about the whole project
5) The local community of our partners’ hometowns who will participate in workshops, seminars and volunteering activities that they will have designed in the 1st training
6) Evaluation form that our partners will fill in at different times.
On the long run, this will project allow to have a standard approach regarding to volunteering. Furthermore, there will be a network of organizations and members of the organizations capable of implementing this approach in different contexts and with different target groups, and therefore capable of keeping the desired standard quality.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation