Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2016
Jugendakademie Walberberg is a professional non-profit association offering youth work for disadvantaged youth on regional and international level. We believe that openness, diversity and inclusiveness are key factors for a cohesive, peaceful and constructive society.
The contact seminar brought together 6 organisations working with disadvantaged youth from 5 European countries (Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria and Lithuania) at Jugendakademie in Walberberg (JAW), Germany from September 07th till 11th 2015.
Unfortunately the partners from Portugal, England, Poland and Ukraine canceled their participation due to various reasons, mostly because of heavy workload in this period.
JAW as applicant and host of the contact seminar was responsible for the project’s overall content and structure. The seminar reinforces our transnational youth work and strives to create new cooperation strategies on European level. With partners from across Europe we’ve been carrying out various international, intercultural projects for young people, especially for those with fewer opportunities and/or with migrant backgrounds. With this seminar we interconnect new organisations and develop further non-formal education methodologies for the work with disadvantaged youth on European level.
In order to improve the overall quality of our international youth work, this meeting aims:
- to widen the JAW’s international network,
- to introduce professional organisations that work with disadvantaged youth,
- to transfer non formal methodologies, drawing on the experience of the participants within social youth work;
- to transfer best practices,
- to provide international mobility opportunities for youth workers from diverse backgrounds;
- to deepen knowledge, skills and attitude in order to better organize international youth projects;
- to develop content ideas, modules and methods for future EU projects, e.g.:
> Youth encounters on European level.
> Trainings and seminars for youth workers,
> Job Shadowing for youth workers.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation