Colours for Ireland
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2017
The main motivation and background for this projekt is that students should be aware of the fact that they are citizens of the European Union and that working in any of the EU-memberstates will contribute to their skills and competences.
As there is a need for skilled workers with language knowledge in many countries of the EU (including Austria), we would like to start our first mobility-project with vocational school students: 21 Austrian participants - 19 students and 2 teachers - want to work in Kilkenny / Ireland.
The students are going to work in Irish painter and coating-companies and thus enhance their skills. The teachers will support them by continuing their teachings according to the Austrian curriculum.
The project is planned to be done in March 2016 and is prepared with the Irish project partner. Also the project itself and the evaluation of it will be done with the partners.
The main benefits for all participants will be:
- practical and theoretical technical skills will be put into practice in the host country (Ireland)
- enhancing team skill by sharing experience
- applying and enhancing language skills
- broadening of horizons concerning daily duties at work and mentality of host families
- socialising with host families and colleagues abroad
- awareness of history and culture of the host country
The long-lasting benefit will be:
- acting as multiplicators for friends and colleagues in Austria
- handling and realizing prejudice and avoid it
- being active members of the European Union.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation