Coaching: investing in the future
Start date: May 15, 2015,
End date: Oct 14, 2015
The idea of a project “Coaching: investing in the future” is to build on coaching as a tool to develop the participants within the organization, and a way of developing the NGO itself. In the project there are participating 12 organization form all over Europe from following countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finaland, Greece, Irlandia, Italy, Latvia, Macedonia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Poland. The main activities or the project is a training course for 32 youth workers and youth leader which will be held in Wrocław area in Poland between 7th and 15th of March 2015.
With the project we find Coaching as a key to run a Career Centre in participating NGOs. As next step we want to Build a Career Centre in different countries focusing on mobility of youth people (international approach). In this project we understand Coaching as an opportunity for youth and NGO development.
As Coaching has been successfully developed in business sector during our project, we want also to present coaching process according to ICF (International Coach Federation) standards. On the other side, coaching is also an excellent tool for working with youth, as it allows to set a personal development path based on what is the evaluation of the potential of a person, their abilities, the current situation in life, future plans and changing circumstances. The use of coaching tools can inspire motivation and discover the full potential of the individual. In the training course we would like to use most efficient existing models in the business sector and to customize them for NGO work. The idea of Coaching for NGO is based on building a Competence/Career Centre in the participating NGO’s. This idea consists of preparing some common standards and steps like building a Human Resources department in the NGO’s that might be responsible for the building and maintaining individual NGO participant Development Plans.
With the project we would like to introduce also Performance Coaching, which is the combination of performance psychology, and life coaching. During the project the participants will be exposed to some of the major factors that allow individuals and teams to thrive whilst also understanding how to coach others to enhance their performance.
With the project we plan to share basic coaching competences
and coaching tools, to practice individual coaching and to explore the possibilities of implementing coaching within the opportunities given by the Erasmus + Program.
The project will be based on non-formal learning methods and will be highly participatory and experiential.
The project is also build for NGO development issues. Through the training course we want to provide NGO workers and trainers with a variety of skills that will help them to improve their own performance and that of their colleagues, trainees or theirs NGOs members.
Training objectives are to
- to equip youth workers with a tool for effective work with young people, which is coaching
- to support the development of young people, and the commitment to treat the development of each person in a very individual way
- to support young people in their personal leadership and to generate strategies and tools that serve them to use their creativity, talents and potentials to achieve their goals
- to support “soft skills” of young people like communication and team work
- to inspire participants to share the acquirements from the training with other mentors within the respective organizations they come from:
- to develop coaching competences
- to give participants a new perspectives to their work in Coaching or Human Resources departments
- to inspire participants to work as coaches
- to learn conversation and questioning techniques
- to support the employability of project participants in the fields of Coaching or Human Resources department in business or NGO sector
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation