Climb on - Cooperation and development through out..
Climb on - Cooperation and development through outdoor sports
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Jul 31, 2016
Venue: Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina | Activity Dates: 1st September 2015- 31st May 2016 | Volunteer involved: 1
Involved countries: Austria, Bosnia and Herzigovina
Organizations involved: Grenzenlos – Interkultureller Austausch (Austria), Climbing Club Extreme (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
The leading idea of this project was to promote and support interaction and exchange of experience between young climbers of different countries. The project was conceived around the idea of developing the climbing community in Banja Luka through the work of a local sport climbing organisation “Extreme”.
The project took place mostly in Banja Luka and it’s surroundings (up to 25km) including the rural areas where potential climbing areas are, and only in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Main objectives of the project were:
- The promotion of climbing as a sport and a way of life through intercultural regional and regional and European cooperation, experience sharing and dialogue;
- Development of new local climbing areas for practice as a part of development of capacities for practicing climbing;
- Motivating young people to take an active role and impose change in their community through sports;
- Raise awareness on the importance of sustainable development, particularly in area of rural and sport tourism.
The EVS volunteer work was focused on different aspects, in climbing specifically and sports in general:
- Helping to develop project proposals, organize and manage medium- and short-term cooperation projects on a regional and European level, based in Banja Luka.
- The development of new local climbing areas for practice as a part of development of capacities for practicing climbing
- The exploration and documentation of possible new climbing areas in the vicinity of Banja Luka
- Creating connections between central and peripheral regions (Urban and rural, South-Eastern Europe and Western Europe) to show the interest and desirability of climbing as a leisure sport with great potential for eco-tourism.
- Do research on possibilities for simple eco-tourism offers in climbing areas and help with the creation and translation of a climbing guidebook
- Organizing work camps and volunteers actions, including inviting and hosting climbers from the region and Western Europe for Climbing Events and assistance in Area Development
- Help organizing outdoor activities connected in some way with climbing or mountaineering (climbing trips, trekking tours or other educational activities that promote the outdoor sports);
- Help organizing climbing training sessions which take part regularly during the week;
- Help with the development of media content
- Organizing lectures and presentations in different cultural and sport institutions
The project was part of the MELANGE program, the EVS programme in Vienna strongly supported by the city of Vienna/wienXtra where Grenzenlos set up networks for volunteers and international partners and host partners and volunteers receive special support before during and after their EVS.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation