Чрез ИКТ към училище на бъдещето
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The present project proposal is based on the fact that, in order to improve the quality of education , a respective high quality of diverse teaching methods is required. The core factor for achieving that is put into practice, very effective and continuous teacher training. One way for the teaching to be made more attractive is by using innovative practices and methodologies of new, high quality. Considering the above, the implementation of that project will improve the ICT competences of the teaching personnel in the school,facilitating the achievement of new teachings tools and methods.
Our main targets are:
- improving the teacher's ICT competences using Web tools in their daily practice, as well as in their active participation in international projects.
- raising teacher's awareness of methodological approaches, using new methods of producing, acquiring and effectively implementing the knowledge
-improving their language competences, actively communicating in a multilingual environment
- substantially increasing the transnational coverage of activities in the Professional High School of Telecommunication , Sofia.
The project participants are 10 teachers of the Professional High School of Telecommunication, Sofia from different fields of the school curriculum and different professional sectors, as well as the school's psychologist and pedagogic advisors. They will participate in a teacher-training course "Web 2.0 instruments for effective teaching and project work", organized by the TP(Teacher Training Institute - Tarnobrzeg - Poland). The training sessions will be organized as summer training courses in July and August of 2015 and 2016 in Cracow(Poland) and Paphos (Cyprus). We shall organise 4 groups of 2 teachers each, who will participate in each of the summer sessions. During the sessions the participants in the project will become acquainted with the fundamental tools for on-line cooperation in teaching and working in transnational projects. The training will be based on very practical approaches, which allow the participants acquire very practical knowledge in applying Web tools and therefore creatively apply those instruments later, while teaching their own subjects back at school.
After completing the main activities, we expect achieving the following goals:
- substantially improving the language competences and skills while working in a foreign language environment, as well as enriching the intercultural experience of the school's teachers.;
- improving the ICT skills of the teachers and acquiring confidence using Web platforms for completing international on-line projects;
- acquiring innovative, pedagogical practices, to be later implemented in the teacher's daily routine as well as out of the classroom, in diverse forms of work with students. This by itself will improve students' progress and motivation at school;
- improving the teacher's motivation for further qualification - new didactic approaches to be found, to enlarge and enrich the general knowledge, to get to know the European values and last but not least the foreign language learning;
- expanding and diversifying the volume of international cooperation between the Professional High School on Telecommunications, Sofia and other vocational schools in Europe;
- expanding and intensifying the international activities of the school - initiating future projects for "best practices" exchange;
- consolidating the school's position as an institution, providing education and training of best European quality;
As a long-distance effect, we expect the new skills and competences, acquired by the teachers, to effectively help in establishing new transnational contacts with both institutions and partners. The student's professional practice, part of the school' curriculum, will become a solid future foundation for new partnership projects, held in a multicultural and multinational environment. The teachers will be exposed to the challenge of initiating they themselves new school's partnerships, and therefore enhance the teaching-training process.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation