Chance. Choice. Change
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Aug 31, 2016
Asociatia Sirinia concrete itself as a service provider since 2011 in the local area of Berzasca and since 2013 in the city Arad. As we responded to the needs identified in the community we reached the 2014 to mark and to implement our first EVS project to the area of Berzasca. There is a measurable need for continuity in our efforts in Berzasca, and this current initiative is an excellent way of bridging the community gaps via actions reflective of the Erasmus+ Programme objectives.
Our objectives within this project were:
- to increase the level of education and future opportunities for children and youth through a consistent program of non-formal educational activities;
- to foster curiosity and positive attitudes towards other cultures of the world, through inter-cultural events in the community;
- to educate expectations for their own future for the youngsters, especially by promoting European opportunities in the field of youth, and promoting active citizenship;
- to enhancing the international dimension of our activities by partnering with European organizations, through the best praxis exchange;
- to showcase the intrinsic beauty and value of remote, rural areas of Romania, which conceal great potential, by creating a context for living and working there for 6 foreign volunteers;
- to provide a true learning experience in a non-formal environment for 6 young people from Italy, Spain, Portugal.
The objectives of the project were achieved by the three work packages, whose target group were in the first place Berzasca children and young people, but also the entire collective of citizens of the village, namely: non-formal educational activities of "school after school" (A1); community fin action (A2); Waves of visibility (A3). During the mobility period we supported the personal initiative and promote lifelong learning for the 6th volunteers from Italy, Spain and Portugal. The purpose of the project reflected the objectives of the 'European Voluntary Service "and was compatible with the general topics of Erasmus +.
The impact on the beneficiaries of the project activities consisted in learning experiences which will later translate into life-long skills for the young beneficiaries. The community of Berzasca was consolidated during this project as a community with openness for European opportunities and an educated attitude towards European values. According to the European Union's objective each volunteer had the opportunity to acquire a new language, but also to improve their English and their native language in the educational activities implemented and to develop transversal competences useful for his/her's professional future. EVS volunteers had the opportunity to develop the management of the program proposed by them with the support of the hosting organization and by contact with a community with high development potential. The applicant, Asociatia Sirinia improved its practices, strengthening the professional capacity of its staff and the international scope of its impact and the participants were encouraged to input their ideas and to reflect upon the experiences during the stage, in order to contour the personal learning outcomes.
The promoters of the project were:
Asociatia Sirinia - Romania
FOCSIV - Italy
Asociación para la Innovación en la Dinamización Comunitaria y el Turismo INDICOT - Spain
ProAtlântico - Associação Juvenil - Portugal
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation