BURGOS IN MOTION
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
BURGOS IN MOTION project, requested through the Consortium approved by the Provincial Council of Burgos (coordinator), together with three VET organisations from the rural environment, has the general objective of promote professional and personal development of young from the province, and help to increase their chances of effectively entry into the labour market, both through recruitment by others as the self-employment.
In this way, BURGOS IN MOTION is focused on 35 young in total, between 18 and 30 years old, in possession of a VET certificate or students, belonging to the institutions which make up the Consortium. In the case of students, practices abroad will compute as part of the curricular training module in workplaces- FCT. In the case of recent graduates, they will have to return from the internship no longer than one year since they obtained their certificates and to be selected during their last year of training.
The sectors and occupational groups to which the project addresses correspond to the training offered by the four institutions of the Consortium. These sectors or job areas are specifically the following:
- Building and civil works.
- Electricity y electronic.
- Mechanical manufacturing.
- Food industries.
- Information technology and communications.
- Transport and maintenance of vehicles.
Provincial Council, through its Local Development, Employment and Training Department, in close communication with other Consortium members, it has been found that this group is the major difficulties encountered when entering the labor market and has a wide range of needs of languages, to gain experience in their professional sector, completing his practical training, employment counseling received, to expand ICT skills, etc., of which this project is fully conscious.
A greater level of detail, the most acute needs showing this population are:
- Lack of professional experience related to your field.
- Lack of linguistic knowledge of other European languages.
- Shortage of ICT practice (except for professional group of “Information technology and communications”), which hurts the competitiveness of graduates.
- Little awareness of European citizenship and the workforce to compete in a global market.
To achieve their general objective, BURGOS IN MOTION provides the 35 participants, selected according to a public and transparent process, stays for performing professional quality practices in European companies for 3 month, in the cities of Florence and Padua (Italy), Lisbon (Portugal) and Bordeaux (France). In each of these cities, the Consortium counts on the collaboration of a set of intermediaries and host companies that consolidate the quality of the partnership and the partners own project.
In addition, the following specific objectives are addressed:
- To promote the transition of young local people into the labour market.
- To foster entrepreneurship, mainly in the field of New Source of Employment.
- To give young local people the opportunity to broaden their cultural and professional horizons.
- To encourage interaction of participants with new work systems in European companies.
- To tackle the problem of youth unemployment and effectively management of human resources.
- To convert to young local people in ambassadors for the province of Burgos in Europe.
- To encourage the European mobility and compliance with European objectives in education.
The relevance of the project is heightened by the fact that acts on a predominantly rural area, due to the educational centers which composed the Consortium come from small towns, offering participants from them greater opportunities to complete their qualification and find an employment
Ultimately, BURGOS IN MOTION project has the active participation of important organizations in the fields of training and employment in the province of Burgos and their own European destination cities, creating a solid partnership that will support participants at all times and whose actions will the sustainability of the results of the project and its impacts beyond their strict time limits.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation