Build Upon Each Other
Start date: Jun 17, 2014,
End date: Jan 16, 2016
Olde Vechte Foundation is training and coaching centre. Our goal is to support and empower people to acknowledge and achieve their potential in order to improve the quality of their lives. This goal and vision we express in hosting EVS volunteers for long-term.
We hosted thirteen volunteers from seven countries: Greece, Romania, Latvia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Macedonia and Hungary. for a period of 10 to 12 months, between 01/09/2014 - 31/08/2015. The participants are coming from different social, geograhipcal and cultural backgrounds or conflict zones.
The theme of the project is employability through learning by experience method. Our objectives during the project were:
• To get them acquainted to the Dutch culture in order to increase their cultural understanding of the European Union and create a sense of European citizenship. This will be done while working together with Dutch volunteers and with the local community of Ommen where the Foundation is rooted.
• To provide them with activities and opportunities to develop their work style, communication skills, self confidence, skills that they later need in finding a job
• To challenge them to develop and follow a learning plan during their EVS
• To encourage them to take active part in running the Foundation, organizing and running youth programmes, exchanges and international trainings. In this way they have a stronger international experience and a deeper understanding and practice of entrepreneurship.
• To create learning situations in which the volunteers need to find their own creative solutions
We offered a playing field to the volunteers and we expect an active attitude from them. The method we are using is learning by doing and the activities are of a wide variety. We mostly leave space for the volunteers to create their own plan of activities that will suit their learning goals.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation