Build up innovation and skills through intercultur..
Build up innovation and skills through intercultural dialogue for standardization
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2016
The Cyprus Organization for Standardisation (CYS) is the national Standards body of Cyprus. Since January 2005, was autonomised from the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, and operates under private law.
CYS is a full member of the European Standards Organization (ESO’s – CEN, CENELEC, ETSI) as well as the International Standards Organization ISO and IEC. Through its active participation in the European and international Standardization, CYS promotes the national interest through the publication and promotion of standards to Cypriot businesses.
The need for implementing this project resulted from the finding that even though employees and associates of CYS are highly trained and skilled in the areas engaging, nevertheless they need continuous information and education regarding new methods, processes, new technologies and best practices to respond successfully to the new requirements and challenges of standardization.
This project provides for the training of 5 CYS employees who act as instructors to standardization and quality departments of businesses, organizations and services or to open seminars or to other training activities.
With this mobility there are more benefits because the program affects a larger target group. The participants are involved actively to the design and implementation of the strategic plan of CYS, they are very well trained with a high level of professional and technical competency and very committed to promote standards in the Cyprus economy and society.
This program relates directly to the professional development of the participants since the main goal of the program is to train them and familiarize them with training methods and best practices that the NSBs of the visiting countries have in place. Additionally this transnational mobility aims to the bridging of the gap that exists in EU level in the filed of standardization between NSBs. The mobility program is organized in two flows, one 2 employees and 3 employees the other one. The duration of each flow is 7 days.
The content of the program is a combination of theoretical and practical training including targeted visits to the training and sales departments of the NSBs. For certification of the mobility the participants will receive a "Participation Certificate" and a "Europass Certificate".
The expected benefits / outcomes for the participants are in short:
Training, knowledge and skills on:
- communication matters, Public Relations and promotion of the products and services offered by CYS
- technical knowledge on standardization of traditional products
- standardisation in various sectors such as education, energy etc.
- technological improvements of the services offered and operational improvements for CYS through ICT and innovative techniques
- knowledge and skills on marketing and sales
- skills in organizational / administration matters (e.g. internal communication and processes, control of records etc.)
- skills on improving, structuring and standardising of the procedures used for employees and associates training
- knowledge and skills on high interest and innovation matters (e.g. ICT, smart cities, gas and energy)
- networking and cooperation with other bodies from the sectors of standardization, energy, business and academia from the EU
The expected benefits / outcomes for CYS are in short:
- the transnational training will help bridging the knowledge and skills' gap that exists between different NSBs on EU level
- gaining of experiences and expertise knowledge on the planning and materialization of similar programs
- help keep open the lines of communication with the higher administrative and technical bodies of the European Organisations for Standardisation and the NSBs, as well as the Technical Committees of CEN, CENELEC & ETSI.
- help improve coordination between the European and international Standardization Organisations
- creation of a very wide cooperation network in standardization matters
- it will enrich and improve the continuous training plan of the employees and associates with the expected gained by the program
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation