Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
35 students from our 7 departments of 2nd year BTEC National. Some of them are involved in our International Section or our European Sections (in English or Spanish) and are implied in a European approach during their three years of BTEC National. Those from the European sections, with their high school exam, can receive a "European section" mention on their diploma.
THE INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK OF THE PROJECT
The main target is to get better knowledge of the foreign languages through mobility :
- In the vocational school, creation of an International Section in 2008, of a European section in English in 2009 and in Spanish in 2011.
- Work placements abroad are also proposed to the students in Higher National School (BTS).
WIth globalization and international labour mobility, it is important to prepare the students to that new economic background, a real opportunity for their professional future.
Our school has a motto “ EDUCATE, ACCOMPANY, PROMOTE”. That is why we would like to :
- Promote the learning of foreign languages in the vocational school.
- Offer these students the possibility to open themselves to different cultures and ways of working.
- Make it easier to get transnational qualities (mobility and adaptability) in order to face the present requirements of the job market in a multilingual and multicultural Europe.
- Combine the professional career interests with the self-enrichment to make the placement a highlight in the professional course and in the social and professional integration.
- Promote the vocational school within our school, for the sake of equal opportunities for all.
EXPECTED RESULTS (see annex)
1 – Added value for the students and our vocational school
2 – Benefits for the host companies, the Breton companies and the other partners.
PARTNERS (see annex) : 13 companies located in Spain (3), Italy (1), Poland (1), Portugal (3), United Kingdom (2), in Slovenia (3)
- 7 educational partners or cooperation located Croatia (1), Spain (1), Italy (1), Poland (1), United Kingdom (1), Slovenia (2)
- Some French partners are involved in our project : companies, local authorities, Maison de l’Europe, external actors for the learning of some rare languages (Croatian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian)
TARGET LANGUAGES : English and Spanish (the languages which are studied in BTEC National)
LANGUAGES less widely used and less taught: Croatian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian
MOBILITY PERIOD : 4 weeks in May-June 2015
- the project management by an educational team commission. Many school subjects and responsibilities are represented to share everyone’s skills in order to be efficient (see annex).
- Priority given to the search of economic and educational partners.
- Creation of educational tools gathered in a « log book” that is used in the implementation of a "Learning Mobility Process"
(language learning, cultural, administrative and legal preparation).
- Supervision of the students through emails by a teacher for each host country combined with the help of the tutor in the company and a teacher in the partner school.
CERTIFICATION, VALIDATION : in the 2nd year of BTEC National, placement certificate and assessment of the professional skills. In the final year of BTEC National, a "European section" mention on their High School Diploma for the students from the European Sections.
35 grants for students who often have poor social backgrounds.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation