Be the Change of Tomorrow
Start date: 04 May 2015,
End date: 03 Apr 2016
European voluntary service project sent one Estonian volunteer for a period of 6 months (1st of September 2015 until 1st of March 2016) to Kosovo. The volunteer stayed in Klina and worked in the Youth Center “Ardhmeria”. The volunteer was involved in activities with young people and youth groups. The role of volunteer was to support youth groups by providing English course to increasing capacities of youth group inside youth Center. Volunteer worked on advertisement and promotion of youth activities. Volunteer lived in a apartment near the Youth Center.
The objectives that we pursued with this project were:
- Promoting active citizenship to young people;
- Promoting participating in a community life;
- Giving a chance to work in an intercultural environment;
- Promoting volunteering in all its forms, not just EVS;
- Contributing to the dissemination of international volunteering as means of strengthening solidarity and active citizenship;
- Promoting international solidarity to young people and in a community overall;
- Enhancing intercultural exchange as a mean of tolerance and creating understanding between communities;
- Giving young people an opportunity to be active citizens, getting them involved in their communities;
- Strengthening capacity and skills of young people by giving them practical experience in labor market;
With those objectives we encouraged young people to participate in a community life and helped them to understand their role in a civil society. Our aim was to identify values but also challenges that young Europeans have to face to.
Sending organization was Seiklejate Vennaskond from Estonia. Volunteer used several non-formal methods to carry out the activities with young people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation