Be part of your culture
Start date: Jun 15, 2015,
End date: Feb 14, 2016
International youth exchange project is directed towards the youth development initiative, and a more active involvement in the cultural environment, a meaningful leisure activity in remote rural areas of Poland, Latvia and Lithuania. A meaningful leisure activities, cultural program for the interests and needs of young people is an important tool to reduce the formation of various addictions among young people and to avoid unwanted public deviant behavior among young people, which encourages young people in boredom and inaction.
The project objectives are:
1. With diverse creative and practical cultural activities develop skills, which can help to be as an independent motivator for youth initiative of the cultural activities.
2. With non-formal education methods build young people's understanding of the possibilities to realize their initiatives to gain new skills and skills for meaningful leisure time, engaging in cultural activities.
3. to assemble youth initiatives, experiences and suggestions for the implementation of cultural activities in rural areas.
The project will involve 30 young people and their leaders from Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Young people must be 15 to 25 years old. The main criteria to select participants are:
1) the young people must live or study in remote rural areas,
2) young people must have limited possibilities to spend their free time in accordance with their preferences and interests,
3) young people do not have or have limited experience of participation in various cultural activities and projects.
Project activities are aimed at presentations, discussions, workshops, experience travel, meetings, performances and exhibition-shows how young people could contribute to their quality of life to spend some free time.
Realizing of the project is based on the use of various non-formal education methods.
Main expected results of the project are that young people's self-esteem will raise and diverse learning initiative, knowledge, skills and competencies will be gained, promoting international cooperation and exploring cultural differences. Young people's ability to exercise their initiative in conjunction with meaningful leisure time, language skills and ability to work in the improvement of the group is also to be mentioned as one of the expected results.
Long-term benefits provided by the project are:
1) the more active youth with international project experience, which is an important resource for the local community in improving the quality of life and meaningful planning free time and other important activities.
2) international cooperation both between the partners and between young people, serving as a basis for the development of new initiatives.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation