BE HAPPY, BE HEALTHY
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2015
"Be Happy, Be Healthy" is a project that will bring together 48 youth workers from 14 organizations from 12 European countries and will provide a new training methodology in order to overcome social exclusion, focused on building healthy habits, improve physical culture and increase personal motivation to improve the quality of life for themselves and young people they work with.
General objectives of the project:
1. To create a comprehensive training program for work with young people in the field of health and sport through a combination o f traditional methods of non-formal learning and the use of modern methods of distribution of information and ICT;
2.To raise awareness among young people in terms of how a healthy lifestyle promotes social inclusion;
3.To raise awareness of many young people to the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and sporting activities as an alternative to isolation and social marginalization
The project is necessary due to a number of factors of modern life, which adversely affects the physical, mental and emotional health of young people. The growing every day dynamics and the permanent use of computers and other electronic devices force young people to isolate themselves, become apathetic, lost social contacts and communication needs, they are more susceptible to fear and depression . To overcome these effects and to promote physical activity as a tool for social inclusion we have developed a methodology for the training of youth workers to be its followers and multipliers in the long run.
The main activity in this project is a seven-day training course for youth workers, focused on the development of their competencies in relation to healthy lifestyle as an alternative to social exclusion among young people. Training program has been prepared on a methodology that emphasizes active involvement and commitment of all involved. All activities will be implemented through non-formal learning and will include the following elements: icebreakers, role playing, team building and outdoor activities, debates in small groups, open space, etc. They will develop basic life skills and competences useful for anyone working youth. Working methods are "experiential learning", "educator-learner" and "peer to peer education”.
The training course will be held from 23 to 29 September 2015 near the city of Plovdiv(Bulgaria). The program consists of 17 training sessions, each lasting 90 minutes, consisting of lectures, discussions, presentation of videos, group and individual assignments and reflection for each of the activities performed. To achieve optimum results in terms of team work and equal participation, sessions will be facilitated by an international team consisting of representatives of the five countries. In order to deepen inter culturall volume and improve the cohesiveness of the group are also planned outdoor activities, sports racing games, tour and thematic cultural evenings.
After completing the training, the results will reflect both the direct target group and the partnering organizations (their members, staff, volunteers and their local communities). The expected impact on participants in the long run is as follows:
- To improve knowledge about the "Erasmus +" Program and its capabilities in terms of implementation of youth projects.
- To develop creativity and to initiate new projects in areas close to the exchange in which they participated.
- To improve their skills in non-formal teaching of knowledge and interactive forms of learning.
- To “sparkle” large number of followers of a healthy and active lifestyle
- To foster the understanding and promotion of social inclusion through sport and healthy habits
- To improve the quality of their own lives
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation