Be Gentle, Explore Gender!
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2016
Youth workers mobility (key action 1) in form of partnership building activity brought to Vidrike, Estonia from 6th to 15th December 2015 37 youth leaders, youth workers and trainers (18+) to develop new partnerships to address gender related issues in our societies through youth work. Participating countries were Estonia, Slovakia, Romania, Greece, Croatia, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Portugal and UK.
Our objectives were to:
• Define a common understanding what are the main issues connected to gender topic
• Discuss gender related challenges in youth work in participating countries
• Create a common space for sharing good practices for organizations working with gender issues
• Develop new projects in the framework of Erasmus+ with focus on gender issues (some examples of the topics: gender equality, LGBT rights, gender identity etc)
• Create a network of organizations working with gender issues
We used various non-formal methods during the activities, including group works, discussions, role plays, guided visualization, guest speakers, world café, artistic workshop, movie, learning buddies, activities in town and many others. We made sure the activities are diverse so everyone could find a suitable way of learning and also have a chance to share their experience and ideas. Estonia was hosting, and all other countries sending partners for this activity. All partners supported the preparation, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of the project.
As the outcome of the partnership building activity we had several new initiatives and projects which were/will be mainly applied in framework of Erasmus+ programme and be carried out in participating countries. We developed several new project ideas, of which some have already been applied for funding and approved.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation