Be European - act with pride
Start date: Apr 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
Be European: act with pride! - beap is a social project whose main objective is to promote the respect for the human dignity in spite of diversity; it aims to stimulate young people to analyze and deepen the topic of the respect of the human rights and to compare the specific problems faced at this regard by the participating Countries, finding concrete modalities to stimulate a change in the community aimed at the rootedness of the values of the human dignity, freedom, equality and solidarity, and acting personally to raise the social awareness of young people and state the importance of the human rights.
The youth exchange Be European: act with pride! will be held in Palermo from 23th to 30th June 2015. It will involve 24 participants (4 per Country), aged between 22 and 30, and 6 group leaders coming from Italy, Spain, Azerbaijan, Georgia, United Kingdom and Romania. Young able-bodied and disabled people, coming from different Countries and cultures and from different socio-economical contests will cooperate in a supportive and inclusive atmosphere, implementing the following activities:
- group building activities
- deepening on the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights and case-studies on actual situations of their violation
- open discussions for the identification of effective strategies for the diffusion of the European values in the daily life
- workshop the planning of the active participation to the Palermo Pride
- management of a meeting based on peer education with the University students on the project theme
- deepening on the role of Europe in the defense of the human rights
- streaming of a web radio programme
- workshop for the creation of products for the dissemination of results: web-site, final booklet, articles
- multicultural evenings;
- visits to places of historical and cultural interest in the city of Palermo
- exploration of the Erasmus+ programme and follow-up plan activities.
The activities will be continuous, different and not long-lasting; they will be implemented thruogh non formal and informal learning methods based on peer education, learning by doing and the work in small groups, able to assure everybody's active participation through the task division.
This will be valorized by the meeting among young people with different cultural backgrounds and the intercultural dialogue that will take place in an atmosphere characterized by tolerance and solidarity, able to promote social inclusion and to disseminate the ideals of equality and peer opportunities through the creation of a cohesive group where everybody has his specific role and he actively participates to the ongoing activities.
The above is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- promotion of the effective implementation of the prohibition of discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation and to enforce the prohibition of discrimination on the grounds referred to in Article 21 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights;
- prevention and fight racism, xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance;
- promotion the active participation of young people
- promotion social inclusion
- promotion of the intercultural dialogue among young people
- breaking down of stereotypes due to cultural, physical and social differences among the participants , promoting tolerance, solidarity and reciprocal understanding among young people
- promote the development of soft skills in the participants
The concrete results of the project will be the participation to the parade of Palermo Pride and the production of a related video with the social awareness initiatives realized during it, the realization of a DVD as summary of the outcomes and results of the project, articles on on-line and local newspaper, multimedia and interactive presentations of the project, creation of a final booklet, streaming of a web radio programme, photos e videos about the undertaken activities.
The project will have a strong personal and social impact on the participants (knowledge and competences related to the topic of the project, soft skills and organizational abilities); furthermore the implementation of social awareness raising activities aimed at the spreading of the European values and strengthen the young people's awareness about the violation of the human rights, in an urban contest where the indifference is a common attitude and in a region that is often branded as culturally backward, will have a strong local and regional impact; the dissemination process and the renewed acting of the young participants in their local communities will extend the range of the project to an international level. The partner organizations will have the opportunity to cooperate, exchange best practices and to create strong partnership with the planning of sustainable follow-up activities.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation