Be Active, Take part
Start date: Jan 4, 2015,
End date: Oct 3, 2015
The project Aare 2 Youth Exchange with association from Spain (Compass) and Czech Republic (Educator) involving youth between 13 and 17 years.
The total number of participants in both exchanges will be 24 youth and 2 leaders in each country.
Exchanges take place in Spain from 2 - 10 april 2015 and Czech Republic from 20 to 28 July 2015.
There is strong evidence that in our center, areas, groups; young people today consume a lot of time on computer games, television, internet. These activities greatly limit their learning experiences and create for them sedentary life.
Different studies indicate that in Spain one from ten children are obese and two overweight, 26% of males and 24% of girls are overweight.
More than half of the Spanish population is sedentary and recognizes that 60% of young people ensures that don´t do any physical exercise, 17% of young people between 15 to 18 years stop playing sports to use internet , Spain is located in the 4 position in sedentary youth across the European union.
In the Czech Republic there is a 19.7% obesity in youngsters between 11 and 17 years, 49% of young people play sports in his freetime.
In the context of the European Union from 10 to 20% of European children aged between 11 and 17 years are overweight.
For this reason, and through youth exchanges we encourage young people a positive attitude toward outdoor activities, exercise and sport, to avoid a sedentarylife, developing in them a spirit of participation in daily life.
• To promote in the youth and the local community, participatory styles of life.
• To creating promotional campaign to promote of outdoor activities and sports in family and at school, with friends, to find it enjoyable and fun.
• To development of different activities, outdoor games to provide an activation of the five senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.
• To observe the differences and similarities in the lives of young people in the Czech Republic and Spain (Sedentary, NINI, Obesity)
• To exchange experiences on best outdoor activities in both countries.
• To practice activities, games, workshops, dynamic, roleplays, great games as tools for outdoor activities.
• To meet people from other countries and understand and learn about new cultures.
• To cooperation in the new Erasmus program project +
With these two exchange we address the problems of inactivity and promote the practice of outdoor activities and sports as a substitute of internet, computers and television for a healthy life of young people.
We also want to educate young people involved in the project and the people who will be involved in participatory on healthy living, and active, helping to reduce disease problems and overweight in youth.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation