Search for European Projects

Bâtis ton projet avec l'Europe
Start date: Jun 1, 2015, End date: May 31, 2017 PROJECT  FINISHED 

Our mobility project concerns 40 young students registered in a vocational building high school : they are preparing the bachelor’s degree in building structure work training for a part of them, and in the studies of building training for the other part. The students are 15 to 20 years old. They come from a working-class environment and don’t have the opportunity to visit foreign countries. Their travels are limited on their residential areas (even going to PARIS for some of them is a very rare opportunity).They don’t have the same cultural origins (60 % comes from European countries when the other 40% comes from extra-European countries) .Languages skills are required to ease their employment in the field of their studies. That will help these students to find jobs in the biggest firms that are resisting the better to the economic crisis, they can so apply to work in several European and International markets.The European brand in the bachelor’s degree helps also our students to continue their studies in college so they can have the BTS degree (two years of studies beyond high school), or to find jobs in companies in need to recruit qualified workers (in reason of the retirements of an age group: the baby boomers).For the whole period of their training, the students will be hosted in foster families in the Manchester area. For the first week, they will receive an academic language lesson in school in order to ease their social integration in families as well as at their workplace. And for the four weeks left to go, they begin their vocational training period in construction areas with the cooperating companies in charge of their professional learnings.One of their teachers will be present for almost the whole stay. He will be in change to check if students are well established in foster families as well as in their workplace. In the other side, he must care to build good relationships and allow a better common work for the future.The European mobility in 2015/2016 will be followed by another one in 2016/2017. It will help us to register (for the first year of bachelor’s degree) more new students interested by training in a foreign country . The first experience in Manchester will allow the staffs to take advantage for the next mobility to go in several fields : looking and searching for companies, interesting cultural actions…On a long term, this experience will lead us to develop vocational training and to acquire the participation of the rest of our learning fields. Our students will be prepared to share their belonging at the European community as European citizens.
Up2Europe Ads



1 Partners Participants