B.A.B.E.L. 2: Boosting Abilities By Empowering Lan..
B.A.B.E.L. 2: Boosting Abilities By Empowering Languages
Start date: May 30, 2015,
End date: Dec 29, 2015
BABEL 2 is an exchange of 60 young people from Italy, Croatia , Latvia , Greece, Hungary, Turkey and Denmark representing 7 linguistic stocks of Europe who participated in the first project, plus the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Serbia, which allowed us to expand the project to new linguistic stocks ( Albanian, Armenian, Altaic, caucasian and south - Slavic, with the chance to discover the Cyrillic alphabet). Was implemented in Pizzo, a tourist city, with a large number of foreign residents.
The project is a follow-up of BABEL: Boosting Abilities By Empowering Languages thanks to the hugely successful and highly effective impact that have.
Therefore, all partners have decided to remake BABEL to:
1 ) improve the techniques used and make them usable by other NGO by sharing in OER material products ;
2 ) more effective and participatory preparation phase and the implementation phase of the project in order to improve and strengthen the non - formal techniques used , and promote greater and active collaboration between the countries;
3 ) extend the initiative to more countries since the previous project we noticed how the understanding of different languages resulting from similarities intrigues and motivates positively the active participation of young people involved
In line with the principles of the EU to be united in diversity , the project BABEL2 wanted to be an active contribution to the Erasmus + and at the heart of the youth exchange the theme of multilingualism as one of the pillars of the European project and significant symbol of the will of ' EU . But not limited to , knowledge of foreign languages plays a fundamental role in the skills that will enable people to better prepare for the labor market and to take greater advantage of the opportunities available.
This project aimed to concretize and improve techniques BABEL used previously in order to:
- Develop the capacity of young people to use several languages and the possibility of access to culture through the same through innovative pedagogical approaches focused on participants . Thanks to the planning of non - formal that we have defined in the partnership , BABEL2 will be able to improve and develop the skills , capabilities and skills of the young participants
- Encourage the use of ICT in the animation socio - educational and non-formal learning , by supporting learning and access to OER in the youth field
- Allow young people to participate as active citizens, to benefit from increased opportunities for communication , inclusion , mobility and employment that are the basis of a human potential that the Union wants to create in his youth and to participate actively in the labor market and society in general
- Develop the active and cohesive participants going beyond the linguistic difficulties giving reasons for intercultural dialogue and solidarity
- Raise awareness of other cultures and countries , offering the opportunity to build networks of international contacts , to actively participate in society and to develop a sense of European identity and citizenship
- Enhance the international dimension of the activities in the field of youth and the role of youth and youth organizations such as support structures for young people , in particular by means of the promotion of mobility and cooperation between stakeholders of the program countries and partner countries and international organizations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation