“AVENUE OF ART & EMPLOYMENT”
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
Within the international youth Exchange Project "Avenue of art & employment" was participated 29 young people from Latvia, Italy, Estonia, Bulgaria and Lithuania. They were developing an informative commix about the employment possibilities of youth in European Union.
The aim of the Project “Avenue of art & employment” was to acquaint the youth about the youth employment possibilities in European Union through the art activities and the problems which are connected with the youth employment, to create commix about the youth employment possibilities in European Union, to promote the active citizenship of youth and participation in social life and labour market, awareness of employment possibilities and use of these possibilities.
The Project objectives are:
- to develop the creativeness and culture;
- to promote the intercultural dialogue, social inclusion un solidarity;
- to ensure the youth Exchange project and involve in it the youth from Latvia and other European countries;
- to promote the intercultural communication by acquaintance with different cultures of Europe;
- to inform in the Project involved people about the employment possibilities in European Union and promote their inclusion into the labour market;
- to acquaint the youth with the employment possibilities and problems in European Union;
- to improve the competences, skills and abilities of young people (including young people with the disabilities), as well as to improve the cooperation of young people;
- to ensure the union, development and education of young people which are involved in the project;
- to organise different kinds of activities, which are connected with the acceptance of the common and different;
- to successfully organise the public event in the school.
The project aim was achieved by implementing the abovementioned objectives. There was promoted the active citizenship of youth and participation in the social life and labour market, the young people searched for the employment possibilities, developed the creative informative material – commix about the employment and the issues which are connected with the employment possibilities, barriers, unemployment, voluntary service, educational possibilities, which ensured the personal development of youth.
The Project activities, such as presentation of their own country promoted the participants’ cooperation, identity, values and awareness of culture, broke the national stereotypes and ensured the intercultural dialogue.
Every project participant had given his contribution to the development of the commix stages (making of content, design of title-page, choice of heroes and characters, evaluation of drafts, making of an exhibition, public event at school). They improved their skills and abilities, gained new knowledge, visited State Employment Agency, Students’ Journal “Lai Top!” of Daugavpils University, met creative people – painter an journalist. They shared their experience, knowledge, inspired the participants for the development of commix and for the further creative initiative.
Used methods and activities: non-formal education methods – acquaintance activities, ice-breaking activities, energisers, national evenings, excursions, creative workshops, city game, presentations, master classes a.o.
There was made the video in Daugavpils city and created commix “Employment possibilities of youth in European Union” in English language within the project. Commix contains useful information about the youth employment possibilities in European Union. In such way was popularized the project results, it contains the useful information gained and summarized within the project.
The young people had becomed the authors of informative commix about the employment possibilities in European Union. They had the possibility to express themselves in creative way. It was the opportunity to get to know the current information about the employment possibilities from each other in non-formal atmosphere, to feel new emotions, to learn to cooperate, to make new contacts, to learn to respect other cultures and people, to be aware of their possibilities in labour market and use them.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation