Auslandspraktikum Fremdsprachenindustriekaufleute Malta BS2LA
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Project Background:A 4-week internship is provided in this training course and also makes sense to make the necessary practical relevance. Also, students will learn about the social and cultural characteristics outside of their own culture.
-Professionalisation: Acquired in theory, foreign language, business, economics and intercultural competences
- initial situations in the target language student activity, specific action items, the assumption of responsibility and a high proportion of self-activity
- Expertise through independent work, mapping all action phases of a problem and its proximity to professional practice
- Decision-making processes through practical relevance; promotion and exposure of previously acquired in the mother tongue basic techniques and knowledge in an English
-operation with the host family and social life with work colleagues and leisure.
Number and profile of participants :We have sent 19 participants who already have a 2-year training as an industrial clerk and complete final exam in 9 months. The participants have gone through a broad business education in theory and practice and are willing to transfer this knowledge and skills in the foreign-language reality.
Description of activities:Essential commercial tasks are carried out in workplaces. These are all equipped with private office and offer classical tasks like ordering, production planning, order processing, billing, collection and reminders. The tasks must both be spoken and productive (speaking, writing), as well receptive (listening, reading), so that the full range of linguistic skills is trained. On the other hand, the interdisciplinary expertise through independent work, the implementation of all the phases of a problem and its proximity to professional practice.
Description of the expected results:
-Developing initiative and entrepreneurship
-Working together with colleagues from different cultures and integrating into existing teams of another culture
- Applying and improving English-language correspondence
- Strengthening their self-confidence and self-employment
- Gaining acceptance of other cultures
- Appreciating the EU country of Malta and the many cultural influences (British, Arabic, French, etc.)
-Experiencing the cultural differences between German and Maltese families by accommodation at a host family
- establishing new contacts and friends abroad including work, study, host family etc.
-Performing everyday conversations (eg, in-store shopping, ordering in a restaurant) in English
-In addition, students should internalize the need and readiness for lifelong learning and eagerness to gain professional experience abroad.M
ethod for project implementation:
close and continuous consultation with our partner, the ESE. The ESE ensures project implementation of the flights, accommodation, training and internships to monitoring of operations. The monitoring of the students is done by us.
Expected results and effects and the expected long-term benefits:
-Increasing the mobility of trainees.
-Increasing the mobility of those responsible for training (teachers and trainers.)
- Human resources and organizational development.
- further International opening (internationalisation) of our college, the Vocational School 2 Landshut
-consolidation of our students' competences
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation