Arts and Crafts: Ideas for Future
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2015
The purpose of Arts and Crafts project is to be a resource for Europe, draw on national cultures, rediscover the genius loci of the partner countries and, from this, proposing ideas for future. It means starting from tradition and building a vital space for innovation, promoting the exchange of knowledge between young people from the partner countries (Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Ireland and Turkey) and young people living in Italy.
The project carries out in the fields of art and craft and its main objective is to facilitate the meeting of different cultures and make participants think on the issue of unemployment, about active labor market policies and about the need to do a common enterprise. Sharing common difficulties must become a golden opportunity, and the starting point to build awareness and seeking new ways to face the future.
Manage a common experience on the arts and crafts, it means to re-evaluate the local handicrafts, the production of a single piece instead of industrial and serial production.
The exchange of young people will take place in Vallefiorita in Calabria (Italy) and will last 10 days (excluding travel days). It will involve 25 young people between 18 and 25 years
During their stay:
1. the participants will display their local and national culture through the crafts and art;
2. they will know the local and national culture of partner countries and of the host country, through handicrafts and arts;
3. they will work with other young people assuming and planning a common enterprise (stage an art and craft exhibition and mise en scene of a theater piece)
4. they will work in workshops with local masters for the construction of objects, products and gifts (pottery, fashion, goldsmith, Artwear, icons ...);
5. they will have the opportunity to experience cooperative learning, peer education, and to be teachers and students at the same time;
6. they will have the opportunità to gain practical skills and improve their communication skills
In the construction they will use the following methods: team building, peer-education, cooperative learning, role plays, discussions, focus groups, outdoor activities, learning by doing and workshops.
The project will also promote creative thinking and knowledge of the artistic and cultural heritage of the partner countries.
Expected results - Participants will learn to use the different techniques presented during workshops to produce handicrafts products and improve their ability to design, to build, to think in terms of self-entrepreneurship.
Impact - The project will have a positive impact at the various levels (local, regional, national and international) through the spread of the experience and the learned techniques, by social networks and through the work of the same organizations and youth participants, who will spread the results, in our own country, organizing workshops for the dissemination of the experience.
The acquisition of techniques of craftsmanship and the development of self-entrepreneurial skills, are an enrichment of the personal ability to knowing and knowing how to do. These represent, for the young participants and the communities they belong to, some important long-term benefits.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation