Από το Σταφύλι στο Κρασί και την Αγορά
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
This project involves the mobility of 15 students of the 2nd and 3rd grade of the 1st Vocational High School of Veria (1st EPAL Verias) attending the Sector of Agriculture, Food Technology and Nutrition, in Donoratico (Tuscany) in Italy, with the aim of attending lectures and visiting and carrying out internships in companies at all stages of production of grapes and wine.
Theoretical training to the students and the visits to the selected companies will offer students additional knowledge, relevant to their school subjects. Moreover, through the internships students will develop skills and abilities related to the specifically targeted sectors as well as general professional skills.
The project objectives are:
1. Develop knowledge, skills and abilities of participating students in the entire product life cycle, from the cultivation to the processing and the marketing of products related to grape and wine.
2. Development of cooperation between the Centre and institutions from Italy that have expertise in the agricultural sector and in particular in organic and conventional farming, agro-processing, standardisation and quality control, marketing and export. The cooperation involves rural enterprises and processing enterprises.
3. Development of innovative practices in the field of vocational education, through the collaboration of the Centre with businesses, the organising of internships for students and the use of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) in terms of learning outcomes.
4. Development of personal, social, intercultural, lingual and technical skills and personal development of learners. Students will be encouraged to use English terminology and to comprehend the need for language knowledge as a business asset. In parallel, the students will use new technologies and develop their ICT skills.
5. Capacity building of escorting teachers, especially regarding the organising of educational visits and managing European projects.
6. Equal opportunities to students from families with low income and/or families with low educational profile that hardly are presented with opportunities of development.
7. Certification of professional skills by acquiring the Europass certificate and the application of the principles of the European Qualifications Framework.
8. Satisfaction of the needs of 1st Ergastiriako Kentro Verias in terms of development and internationalization through acquisition of skills from the administration and the staff and the better organization of teaching and learning.
This action will have a total duration of two weeks. In summary, the activities are:
DAY 1: Arrival and stay
DAY 2: Update and presentation of the schedule, press conference
DAY 3 – 7: Theoretical training, Visits to conventional and organic vineyards, Visits to wineries, Internships, Cultural excursion
DAY 8: Leisure
DAY 9 -14: Visits to conventional and organic vineyards, Visits to wineries, Internships, Cultural excursion
DAY 15: Summary of learning outcomes, project evaluation, awarding of certificates
DAY 16: Departure
The learning outcomes of the project are:
Theoretical training will concern about cultivation techniques in conventional and organic vineyards, mechanization of production, the winemaking process, the branding, the quality assurance systems and the marketing techniques for wine
Technical skills in:
- Harvest stage assessment of grapes based on objective criteria (instrumentation) and grape harvest (motorized or not)
- Conducting quality control and observing the Critical Control Points (CCP) in a winery according to ISO 22000
- Developing branding, marketing plan & export plan
Horizontal professional skills in:
- Written and oral communication in English and English terminology in the field of agriculture
- Use of ICT for communication, presentation, reporting
- Social and intercultural skills through interaction with the host organization and the visited businesses.
- Adaptability and initiative due to time spent living abroad.
- Methodicalness, organising, time management and team working through the exercises that they will do in the businesses.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
- European citizenship acquisition
- Philosophy of lifelong learning
Not only the participating students will gain benefits from the program. Unlike, the program will have positive impact on an wider environment from that of the Kentro which happens to be one of the biggest in Greece and the first institution of Vocational Education in Veria that has already carried out one approved Erasmus + program. The most important long-term benefit for students participating in the program will be that they will acquire skills so that they will become competitive business professionals.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation