Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
PROJECT’S PARTICIPANTS– graduates of auto-technician, electro-technician, cook-waiter and secretary professions.
2015 06 01 – 2016 05 31. There were two internships: to United Kingdom and Malta. Total number of participants – 20 graduates.
• Elektrėnai Vocational Training Centre (coordinator)
• Kaišiadorys School of Business and Technology
• Aukštadvaris Agricultural School
• Šilutė Agricultural School
• International Mobility Travel Limited (United Kingdom)
• IZI Ltd. (Malta)
IMPLEMENTED PROJECT’S MAIN GOAL
During the internships graduates were provided with possibilities to acquire real work place practice and deficient practical professional skills and competences as well as they have achieved better employment opportunities, educated entrepreneurship, initiative, cultural understanding and self-confidence.
OTHER IMPLEMENTED OBJECTIVES
• Educated the following specific professional competences of participants;
- auto-technicians: abilities to maintain chassis and steering systems of right-side steering model cars’
- electro-technicians: abilities to install electricity installation in areas of higher humidity, its protection against surge and fluctuation of voltage
- cooks-waiters: abilities to make dishes, containing seafood, serve them properly to customers (in Malta); abilities to make breakfast dishes, serve customers during the breakfast (in united Kingdom)
- secretaries: abilities to serve customers properly in English and communicate with international clients, administer company’s social networks;
• In real work places educated new common professional competences and improved the ones already acquired, especially taking into consideration their contribution to labour market of today;
• Because of Europass achieved that real work experience and acquired competences are acknowledged in whole EU;
• Created the environment, where participants acquired entrepreneurship and initiative skills, self-sufficiency, abilities to work in business and different situations;
• Raised the level of participants’ self-confidence, self-esteem and sociability, educated participants’ awareness and understanding of other cultures, tolerance;
• Improved participants’ foreign language and communicative skills in foreign environment, team-work abilities, broaden cultural outlook.
ACHIEVED PROJECT’S RESULTS
• Completed professional training under the internship programs;
• Acquired real work experience;
• Acquired internship’s evaluation certificates – Europasses, certificates of hosting organizations and project’s coordinator;
• Made reports of internships;
• Raised level of the participants’ professional competences according to their professional requirements;
• In real workplaces improved practical skills of participants giving better integration possibilities into labour markets;
• Improved language and communication skills of participants;
• Raised level of participants’ self-confidence, initiative skills, entrepreneurship, sociability as well as tolerance and cultural awareness;
Graduates in real work places have acquired new specific professional competences and improved the ones already acquired, especially taking into consideration their contribution to labour market of today. While having practice in companies, participants have acquired entrepreneurship and initiative skills, self-sufficiency and abilities to adjust to labour market in any country. Participants have improved their foreign language skills, team work abilities, raised the level of self-confidence, self-esteem, feel themselves stronger psychologically before entering labour market.
Impact for participating organisations:
• Raised the level of international collaboration
• Improved teaching process because of acquired experience in real work places during the internships
• Raised the level of collaboration between educational organisations and business
• Organisations’ staff have improved their management skills and competences
Long lasting impact for participants is assured by Europass and other acknowledgement certificates, which have strengthened their diplomas, gave better employment opportunities.
Project’s dissemination was addressed to entrepreneurs, youth, local authorities and society of Elektrenai, Kaisiadorys, Trakai, Silute and surrounding districts; present and future students of EPMC, KTVM, AŽŪM and ŠŽŪM, their parents, teachers and school’s community; potential trainees of hosting organizations.
Used methods of project’s dissemination: articles in web-pages and regional newspapers, stands and booklets about project, presentations of the internships and consideration of project’s results.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation