Ampliando Horizontes Laborales: Alumnado Fuentepiña
Start date: Jun 30, 2015,
End date: Jun 29, 2017
Given the current situation of unemployment of young people under 25 in Spain, one of our responsibilities as educators is to take measures that allow us to promote employment opportunities, while structural reforms begin to yield results.
What in the past was just novelty for our young people in search of new challenges, has nowadays become compulsory if they want to have real opportunities to find a first job, sometimes outside our country and others gaining experience to develop it later in their country.
We must be communicators of information and training and make young people be aware of employment opportunities and put emphasis on working possibilities in other countries.
We also believe that it is essential to foster among our students a spirit of coherent competitiveness which we understand that will give them access to worldwide markets.
The cornerstone of competitiveness is improving the quality of training of our youth force. To do this we need to implement this kind of projects to ensure that all students, including those with fewer opportunities, have access to such experiences and open themselves to mobility within Europe. This would be our main objective.
Thanks to this project twenty students or recent graduates, aged 18 to 25 from the following vocational training cycles: vehicle bodywork , Nursing Care, Electromechanical vehicle, and Care Assistants for people in need undertake a training period of 8 weeks in Italy, Portugal and the UK.
Activities to develop: Defining the needs of our students and submission of the proposal; contacting project members who can meet the training needs of the participants; giving information to participants; selection process; preparation of participants; language course and cultural preparation before departure; describing training itinerary; preparation of needed documents; preparation of flows; departure to destination countries; monitoring and evaluation during the stay, ending trainings; validation of the skills acquired and issuing of the Europasses. The program will take place from October to December (2015-2016) and from March to April (2016 and 2017).
Expected outcomes for participants:
- Getting a wider profile through the knowledge of a foreign language which will be very useful when entering the labour market.
- Open their minds to new work opportunities by knowing other working realities different to those of the Spanish labour market.
- Knowing how to use new technologies and different than those offered by Spanish companies.
- Make a first experience of community workforce, contributing to his/her personal, social and professional development.
- Improve knowledge of different cultures and languages of the host countries.
- Get full qualification, acquiring the skills of the FCT (training period in a company) in a foreign company. When applicable.
- Entering the labour market.
- Remove the psychological barrier of fear of the unknown.
Within our organisation, we can foster the number of mobilities of people under training and improve their quality throughout Europe, so that there will be an increase in the number of companies that offer qualifying trainings. We will provide our education system with an European dimension, strengthening our partnerships with organizations in different countries, increasing our network of contacts at European level.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation