Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
BILINGUAL VLCPILAR PROJECT .
The project is developed in a school located in Carabanchel, Madrid. With this project our school wants to be the engine of change in approaching an entrepreneurial environment and an agile and sustainable economy, where the options of looking towards Europe are real. Proficiency in English, among others, is vital in this scenario for the possibilities of future employability of our students. This linguistic competence is going to be reached from the consolidation of our bilingual project for Primary education and its extension for Secondary education . The consolidation of this bilingual project will be achieved from the teacher training in the skills required .
The number of participants will be of 30 teachers who develop their educational work in Primary and Secondary Education and assume the challenge of consolidating the English bilingualism project in the centre. All of them have previous training in the English language skills but they wish to improve their skills to teach their subject in English accurately . Some of them have B2 qualification in English .
The activities which are going to be done in the project are the following:
- Structured Language Course for teachers so as to improve their fluency in English. This course will be held during periods of littleschool activity or during holiday months. It will last three weeks.
- CLIL methodology Course (combining theory and practice) in a centre with experience set in an English speaking country . The participants will be teachers.
- Use of specialized media in both digital education (social networks , websites ..) and conventional (conferences , round tables ..) Knowledge, experience and materials obtained will be post in eTwinning.
- Formation process on basic skills and Teaching Planning and the implementation of new methodologies :
Coaching Education , Multiple Intelligences , Learning Design Thinking projects and cooperative learning in our classrooms. All this we consider necessary to carry out this project from a holistic view of teacher training .
At the same time, we are developing a training on an effective use of new technologies in the classroom: Arduino programming , Scratch, personal learning environments (Personal Learning Environment) , learning networks, digital identity and brand ....
IMPACT ON PARTICIPANTS. LONG-TERM BENEFIT
- Improvement of methodological and digital communicative language skills of teachers
- Expansion of educational resources, available to the rest .
- A greater cultural understanding of each partner country by in situ observation and constant communication via hangouts, or similar, which combines image and text , establishing these ties between students of partner schools and our centre´s students.
- Educational leadership of our centre due to the quality and service offered to the citizens of our region.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation